Contribute
Register

Dell Precision Fixed Workstation T3600 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
tokaitalbo I have a t3600 have el cap on mine the only thing that is not so well is my GPU I have an NVIDIA GTX 970 and its fps on Cinebench is about 30fps. otherwise everything works great.

Andrush88, would you be able to help with your approach on how you got El Capitan installed? I have the factory graphics card but willing to purchase a compatible graphics card to complete installation successfully.

Andrush88, would you be able to help with your approach on how you got El Capitan installed? I have the factory graphics card but willing to purchase a compatible graphics card to complete installation successfully.

I'm currently working on a Dell T3600 trying to load Sierra. I went through the
"UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC" from this site. I'm not quite sure what the boot options should be. I've gotten it to boot to clover but I'm having issues when it gets to the pci config during startup.
My current config is
Dell Pre T3600
Xeon E5-1603 2.8 ghz
8 Gig Ram
Nvidia NVS 300

Any ideas? Anyone attempt this yet?
Thanks.

I'm currently working on a Dell T3600 trying to load Sierra. I went through the
"UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC" from this site. I'm not quite sure what the boot options should be. I've gotten it to boot to clover but I'm having issues when it gets to the pci config during startup.
My current config is
Dell Pre T3600
Xeon E5-1603 2.8 ghz
8 Gig Ram
Nvidia NVS 300

Any ideas? Anyone attempt this yet?
Thanks.

Boot with -v and attach a screenshot where it hangs/panics.

IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0972.JPG IMG_0980.JPG
Boot with -v and attach a screenshot where it hangs/panics.
IMG_0981.JPG

I also had go without caches or I would get.
IMG_0972.JPG

Last edited:
I do have it set and now I have been getting this lately.

View attachment 228163

Weird, I get that same error whenever I try to use old Pentiums.

On research, it seems your processor is using lga 2011, and Sandy Bridge architecture, which SHOULD work.

I'm not 100% familiar with XEONS however, but if it's giving you that error it's a problem with the CPU, I'm sure of it.

I would try using fake CPUID at startup. Go to clover options, Binaries Patching, and input this code in the menu

0x0306C0

What this does is trick MacOS into thinking you're using a newer supported Haswell processor.

Try patching the CPU, and booting with -v and nv_disable=1 and see how far you get!

EDIT: If you're connecting via VGA, don't, it's not supported.

Last edited:
Weird, I get that same error whenever I try to use old Pentiums.

On research, it seems your processor is using lga 2011, and Sandy Bridge architecture, which SHOULD work.

I'm not 100% familiar with XEONS however, but if it's giving you that error it's a problem with the CPU, I'm sure of it.

I would try using fake CPUID at startup. Go to clover options, Binaries Patching, and input this code in the menu

0x0306C0

What this does is trick MacOS into thinking you're using a newer supported Haswell processor.

Try patching the CPU, and booting with -v and nv_disable=1 and see how far you get!

EDIT: If you're connecting via VGA, don't, it's not supported.

I put in the 0x0306C000 and it hangs at +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
across half of the screen.
I did see a guy on eBay.uk that was selling a hackintosh with El Capitan and Sierra Dual boot using a Dell T3600.
I sent him a message to see if he would reveal how he got it to work. I also found a guy on the OSX86 site that got a Dell T3500 to work but I tried his method and it did not work either. I may be stuck making this a Linux box.

I put in the 0x0306C000 and it hangs at +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
across half of the screen.
I did see a guy on eBay.uk that was selling a hackintosh with El Capitan and Sierra Dual boot using a Dell T3600.
I sent him a message to see if he would reveal how he got it to work. I also found a guy on the OSX86 site that got a Dell T3500 to work but I tried his method and it did not work either. I may be stuck making this a Linux box.

Use Clover Configurator to add OSXAptioFixDRV2 under the drivers tab, then repeat the fake CPUID process and boot with -v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back