Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 7510; need help with AMD m370x (or Firepro w5170x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator PH517-51
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 G-Sync Panel
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So my laptop is a Dell Precision 7510 with an AMD Firepro w5170m (which is a amd m370x). The hackintosh is working perfectly (except the intel Wifi, going to replace the wifi card), I have full graphical support (which is awesome!) but my system says it's an AMD Radeon HD 7xxxx, because I am obviously not injecting anything. The way I am getting graphical support is I grabbed the "AppleGraphicsHD7750.kext" from the AMD compatibility page on the forum and that got the ball rolling. I would just like to inject everything correctly and there really isn't much support for the m370x... because their is like only one pc laptop with it haha. But there is a Macbook that uses the m370x so I have hope! I looked up some info on that Macbook and the graphical Device ID was 0x6821, while my computer is showing 0x6820. I don't even know what framebuffer I would inject?? Also the system won't awake from sleep and I haven't tried it yet, but I doubt the HDMI out port would work. It's honestly not make or break for me because I am getting full graphic acceleration, but I would like it done right.

Here is a image of my system and whats going on:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eya1ykukmxjd8p2/Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 1.43.53 PM.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Hi , i got my hands on this fine laptop with the same specs, can you please tell me how you installed this laptop
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back