Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 7510 Hackintosh Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting this thread to record my attempts and solicit help to bring Hackintosh to new Dell Precision 7xxx line of SkyLake laptops. This should also help Dell Precision 55xx and Dell XPS 95xx as the platform should essentially be the same.

So far with all USB, APIC and SMBIOS (64GB of RAM) patches I have zero luck - Clover boots but OSX kernel does a hard freeze right after PCI bus initialization.

I'll for now install CentOS 7 with 4.4 LTS kernel and will start dumping all the PCI and SMBIOS and APIC data.

I'm starting this thread to record my attempts and solicit help to bring Hackintosh to new Dell Precision 7xxx line of SkyLake laptops. This should also help Dell Precision 55xx and Dell XPS 95xx as the platform should essentially be the same.

So far with all USB, APIC and SMBIOS (64GB of RAM) patches I have zero luck - Clover boots but OSX kernel does a hard freeze right after PCI bus initialization.

I'll for now install CentOS 7 with 4.4 LTS kernel and will start dumping all the PCI and SMBIOS and APIC data.

BIOS up-to-date? Did you try without the power adapter plugged?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

lspci -vvv and dmidecode

Serials, UUIDs and MACs have been scrambled

Attachments

• lspci.txt
    37.9 KB · Views: 359
  • dmidecode.txt
    33.8 KB · Views: 479
I went through Clover guide and Skylake guide, applied APIC and USB patches.

Did update BIOS just now, will try with updated BIOS.
No, did not try without the power adapter plugged, will try right.

No APIC patch required for current version of OS X.

Ok, report.

Power adapter plugin makes no difference whatsoever, still hard lock.

Using stock clover config and adding "nv_disable=1 cpus=1 -v" I was able to proceed further than ever before. Still hard lock but I was never been able to go further than "mcache" line.

Limiting number of CPUs seems to be "good" but it's hard to know whether going as far as it went is normal occurrence and with multi-CPU kernel just doesn't have enough time to flush the buffer before the lockup or I actually went further than before.

Gonna start hacking away at config.plist

IMG_20160625_151835.jpg

8086/15b7 is the the Intel I219 Ethernet adapter. Will add kext for it, see if there is any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back