Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 5820 - Xeon w2125

Hello @yapan4

I think it's okay. I successfully install Big Sur on another disk.

I finish to install and I post my clover EFI

Thanks a lot !

Fine.
The previous versions of MACOS should also work.
Possible sound problems, USB, network, etc. Then there will be needed more information from your side...

If you need Open Core config for our Hackintosh - @etorix is Real Guru concerning workstations+Open Core and just a smart and kind man.

Good luck.

I was having trouble with USB with Catalina. Only sound is missing at this time.

There's no alternative to trying all possible ALC layouts until you find the one which works best for your specific board. This cannot be done remotely.

How is the GTX 1080 Ti doing in Catalina or Big Sur?

Since Catalina I have a RX560 in my workstation

I know. So take my question as a hint to @Sylvain83 that he needs to slightly update his profile. ;)

At this time I have a problem. I boot to clover menu and when I select the BS install my WS won't boot every time. I get stuck on a black screen and only _ in the corner :(

So the above EFI from yapan4's X11SRA-F let you install Big Sur on your Precision 5820 but cannot reboot reliably? It either works or gets stuck on a black screen.

Have you noticed any pattern? Cold boot vs. hot boot? Choice of USB port?

Is the RX560 in good condition? (Contrary to this other thread.) Known to be working in Windows or Linux, if you multiboot?

Back