Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 5820 - Xeon w2125

It the yapan1 work not mine. He always help me when I was stuck <3

No change on my computer since my last post. It works fine !

@Sylvain83 thanks for answering!

@yapan4 Thanks for your work and making a difference for folks like me. Would you recommend GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD model of RX 5700 XT? Also, what is most stable, Catalina?

My last build was Mavericks on a Core 2 Quad, so I am excited!

This is an awesome thread, especially now that some of these machines are getting retired by some business now and are reasonable

In fact, it is the work of many professional users and regular Hackintosh fans on C422 and similar chipset motherboards. There is a corresponding topic on this and another forum.

I have no experience with Navi graphics cards. Personally, I like AMD cards of professional level W- WX- Radeon Pro W- series.

Each OS from Apple has its pros and cons, especially when used on Hackintosh. My current system is 11.3beta2 and I really like Big Sur. This is an operating system that has undergone radical changes, so you need to be prepared for it.

P.S. Sorry my English(Google translated):)

Hi all! This is a great thread. I have a Dell 5820 with W-2133 that I am trying to get working with Catalina. It is running an RX580 graphics card.

I am not having much luck, though. Are you able to tell me what version of clover is being used for these EFI folders?

Hello,

I run Clover 5119. If you find a way to run big sur, please post you config.plist :)

Hi, all.
For Big Sur/Monterey you need new Clover generation, current release - 5139. I will try to upload tonight...

Last edited:
Hi, all.
For Big Sur/Monterey you need new Clover generation, current release - 5139. I will try to upload tonight...
Still with the same folder ? I will try in the next weeks to make the update.

I am not having much luck, though. Are you able to tell me what version of clover is being used for these EFI folders?
Do you mean the Clover EFI folders above are not working for you with Catalina? If so, what is the issue?

Hopefully, @yapan4 will come back with an updated Clover EFI folder.

If you want to give OpenCore a try, I can help.

Nothing like that. I haven't had a Hackintosh since 2015 which was originally made with multibeast, so all this clover stuff is quite new to me. Today I got my 5820 up and running with Catalina and Sylvain83's EFI. I appreciate the effort!

The main issue I was having was random black screens while configuring the BIOS. This computer originally shipped with a Quadro 4000. Sticking a Sapphire RX580 into it had mixed results just trying to get to the clover boot screen to install OSX. A lot of the time just black screens with the system constantly restarting (probably the dell system stuff trying to figure out what was going on). I ended up installing OSX using Clover 5119 with Sylvain83's EFIs with the Quadro 4000 installed, then swapped it out for the RX580 with the clover USB assisted boot into OSX to do the final clover configuration.

Add your personal SMBIOS data(MLB, ROM, BoardSerialNumber, SerialNumber, SmUUID, CustomUUID) in config.plist. This is working Clover EFI folder from my Supermicro X11SRA-F, so no guaranties on other C422 machine
Please test and post results.

Attachments

• Clover_C422_EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 57
Back