Contribute
Register

Dell precesion M7510 with M1000m 4k screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

My Nvidia M1000M is working well solo mode. (Intel HD530 switched off in bios mode)
except system boot to a black screen. what i do is shut the laptop screen for a few seconds and open it back and get the login screen. is the black screen a sleep mode.
i tried Different SMBIOS 14,1 , 14,2 15,1, and 17,1 with AGDP fix app
other wise everything seems to be working well with the latest Nvidia web drivers. Inject intel or Nvidia is off and GraphicsEnabler=Yes is on

thanks

hi SS2Sameer,

can you list steps you did to enable the nvidia m1000m?

Hi Juslaw, just logged into the account after many days

use nv_disable=1 to reach desktop if unable to do so. and keep graphics switching off in bios.
just install the nvidia Quadro web drivers as per the OSX version. and apply AGDP fix app before reboot. you should be able to boot to the screen.

if u reach blank screen at end of boot. u can close the lid and open after a few secs. i solved the blank screen part after much here and there, but don't exactly remember how it got solved. will report once fully solved. have the same problem in friends 7510 too.
hope this helps

And Yes, at end of OS X boot, monitor going to sleep problem has been replicated with Display port and desktop systems with el captain on different desktops systems and laptop all with nvidia quadro cards (different).

Hi Juslaw, just logged into the account after many days

use nv_disable=1 to reach desktop if unable to do so. and keep graphics switching off in bios.
just install the nvidia Quadro web drivers as per the OSX version. and apply AGDP fix app before reboot. you should be able to boot to the screen.

if u reach blank screen at end of boot. u can close the lid and open after a few secs. i solved the blank screen part after much here and there, but don't exactly remember how it got solved. will report once fully solved. have the same problem in friends 7510 too.
hope this helps

Did you make any progress? I also own a laptop with a Nvidia Quadro and an Intel HD530, so just wondering if there is any progress or news on this. Thanks.

This looks interesting as most laptops comes with Optimus configuration. Did you got M1000M to work? I thought only intel graphics worked on laptops, because of the framebuffer.

Last edited:
This looks interesting as most laptops comes with Optimus configuration. Did you got M1000M to work? I thought only intel graphics worked on laptops, because of the framebuffer.

Nvidia Optimus is not supported.
Your only chance of making Nvidia work is if you can turn off Intel HD to make the Nvidia dedicated.
Read the FAQ.

Reactions: uar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back