I7, 8700k
Graphics
AMD VEGA64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have installed OSX el captain 10.11.5 using clover.

so far i have successfully working
1.Intel I219LM2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
2. system detects intel hd 530 at 5mb at 1280x1024
3. working keyboard
4. touchpad doesn't work.
5. sounds works through voodoo
6. samsung 951 Nvme 256 gb ssd is working

need advice for touchpad, full resolution 4k Hd530, Nvidia quadro m1000m,(i understand switchable graphics won't work)
original sound if possible ALC3234/3235, voodoo sound level is too low. will change the wifi card from intel dual band AC 8260. yet to order new one

created the dsdt for editing

thanks in advance

Hi

I have installed OSX el captain 10.11.5 using clover.

so far i have successfully working
1.Intel I219LM2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
2. system detects intel hd 530 at 5mb at 1280x1024
3. working keyboard
4. touchpad doesn't work.
5. sounds works through voodoo
6. samsung 951 Nvme 256 gb ssd is working

need advice for touchpad, full resolution 4k Hd530, Nvidia quadro m1000m,(i understand switchable graphics won't work)
original sound if possible ALC3234/3235, voodoo sound level is too low. will change the wifi card from intel dual band AC 8260. yet to order new one

created the dsdt for editing

thanks in advance

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Hi

Got the touchpad working.
intel HD 530 boots with UHD screen but only 31 Mb VRAM, with inject intel on clover.
Unable to make NVIDIA M1000M detect properly even with Nvidia web driver. have to use nv_disable=1 for boot. gets detected as a nvidia card with Device ID: 0x13b1
currently using iMac17,1 system definition and updated to 10.11.6

strange but after each booting my bios settings changes "enable switchable graphics to off".

Hi

Got the touchpad working.
intel HD 530 boots with UHD screen but only 31 Mb VRAM, with inject intel on clover.
Unable to make NVIDIA M1000M detect properly even with Nvidia web driver. have to use nv_disable=1 for boot. gets detected as a nvidia card with Device ID: 0x13b1
currently using iMac17,1 system definition and updated to 10.11.6

strange but after each booting my bios settings changes "enable switchable graphics to off".

Nvidia not supported in Optimus configuration (read FAQ).

Your graphics configuration (config.plist) must be wrong.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I Understand fully Nvidia Optimus configuration is not supported.

but i want Nvidia M1000m to work as sole graphic card if graphics switching is disabled from bios. system doesn't detect/show IGPU HD530 that way.
Or Intel HD 530 to work solely if enabled in bios.

attached is my current config file

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 294
I Understand fully Nvidia Optimus configuration is not supported.

but i want Nvidia M1000m to work as sole graphic card if graphics switching is disabled from bios. system doesn't detect/show IGPU HD530 that way.
Or Intel HD 530 to work solely if enabled in bios.

You will need to do some research on enabling Nvidia graphics if you plan to go with that configuration.

You will still need the IOKit patch for the internal UHD display.

Hi

My Nvidia M1000M is working well solo mode. (Intel HD530 switched off in bios mode)
except system boot to a black screen. what i do is shut the laptop screen for a few seconds and open it back and get the login screen. is the black screen a sleep mode.
i tried Different SMBIOS 14,1 , 14,2 15,1, and 17,1 with AGDP fix app
other wise everything seems to be working well with the latest Nvidia web drivers. Inject intel or Nvidia is off and GraphicsEnabler=Yes is on

thanks

Hi

My Nvidia M1000M is working well solo mode. (Intel HD530 switched off in bios mode)
except system boot to a black screen. what i do is shut the laptop screen for a few seconds and open it back and get the login screen. is the black screen a sleep mode.
i tried Different SMBIOS 14,1 , 14,2 15,1, and 17,1 with AGDP fix app
other wise everything seems to be working well with the latest Nvidia web drivers. Inject intel or Nvidia is off and GraphicsEnabler=Yes is on

thanks

GraphicsEnabler has no effect in Clover (it is for Chameleon/Chimera).

Your problem is likely backlight control related.

HI
thanks,
I deleted IntelBacklight kext, rebooted with nv_disable=1 and again reinstalled the kext.
now M1000M is fully functional without the black login screen.

HI
thanks,
I deleted IntelBacklight kext, rebooted with nv_disable=1 and again reinstalled the kext.
now M1000M is fully functional without the black login screen.

Yes, IntelBacklight.kext is nonsense without any Intel graphics device...

Note: Your profile is inaccurate, as it states you have Intel HD530... It should indicate that it is either not present, or disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back