Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 990 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am very new to hackintosh. I wanted to build one, did a little research. Having some trouble finding research on older system so if you guys could help that would be great.

I found a dell optiplex 990 SFF with a quad core 2nd gen i5, 250GB HDD, an LGA1155 motherboard, 4GB of DDR3 RAM at my local surplus store for 100$. I am on a bit of a budget, the max I can go is 250$. I was wondering what you recommend in terms of power supplies, graphics card, replacing the HDD with an SSD, and I wanted to know which parts would be compatible with a hackintosh.

Thanks

To simply get a running system, I would find a cheap graphics card on ebay. A GT 610/620 or GT 710/720 generally sells for cheap. A used one can be had for $25-$30 USD (you will likely need to buy a low profile bracket, though) and 4 more GB of RAM (for a total of 8GB) so that you are not using swap files constantly. You can probably buy a 2x2GB kit for $12-$15 USD on ebay. With whatever you listed and these two extra purchases, you should be able to get a perfectly usable system.

+1 for the GT710. Just got mine running well after adding a GT710!

Hi, Thanks for guide.

I am also trying to hackintosh a Dell 990 MT.

Regarding graphics card, Will Nvidia gt 210 work with it or not ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back