Graphics
HD 4600 / R7 A265
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I've got a Dell Optiplex 9030 AIO 16 GB with a i7-4790 Intel HD4600 GPU and a AMD R7 A265. So far Mojave has installed and is running, but internal audio doesn't work and I can not use a second monitor. Has anyone installed OSX on an Optiplex and got these things working?

I'm new at this and read through a lot of the post only to realize I really don't know what I'm doing.

I am working on one of these also ( in Catalina Guides section). Only difference is you have the motherboard with the AMD graphics , where I am using integrated GPU at the moment. I do have a motherboard for the AMD type coming though.
Audio for me is working using ALC668 and layout 27. Alc668 should be detected however by AppleALC so all you should need is to set the layout as 27 in Clover.
I have not yet got consistent second monitor on my setup and am trying to patch Framebuffer. If I succeed I will let you know. Screen graphics though is good with full acceleration etc using HD4600.
If you have any success with the HDMI /DP out then please share.

I got the audio working with layout 29 although I did try 27 and it worked to. Audio is working through the speakers, bluetooth and headphones but not the AUX plug in the back by the HDMI ports. As far as a second monitor I am able to get it working only if I use hackintool and apply a patch. It will work through one reboot then the next reboot it goes back to a black screen with a second monitor plugged in. I disabled the SD card reader in the BIOS and use a USB card reader instead just something else that I was going to have to mess with and since I use it so infrequently I didn't want to spend the time one it. I have not gotten the touch screen to work even though the operating system does see the hardware.

Still playing with the HDMI out but no success so far. The AMD is recognized and a driver for it is loaded through the OS with out any issues other then the ATI/AMD injection.

You should make a build thread perhaps to help others. Always good to help document what you’re doing too.
I never did get the AMD version of the 9030 as the cheap (spares/repair) version I got had a bad motherboard and I swapped it out for an integrated you board instead as that part was much cheaper.
On my builds both the DP out and HDMI outs work fine following patching.
I never did check the rear audio as I’m happy with the rest of the audio options. So apart from that everything else is 100%.
Really liking this machine as an everyday workhorse.

Please share your EFI folder,

Please,

Hi guys, as I am failing to get Catalina going in the corresponding Catalina thread, I'm falling back to Mojave. I'd also be very thankful for PatrickSSD sharing his EFI folders for usb thumb drive and post-installation. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back