Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 9020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this version of Clover if you are using something older. It may fix the purple lines at boot up.

Last edited:
I am using a version of clover >5000. Can't remember which one :) something with a 2 at the end. 5002 or 5102 i believe.
If somebody explains to me how, I can post any required config data.

Btw.. tried to upgrade to Catalina (just clicked on update in System Preferences). Well... it rebooted. An additional boot option was available, which i selected. But after a short progress I got a crossed circle. Seems I have to put more effort in for Catalina. Back on Mojave now.

The issue with the sound still persists. I have now invested £9 into an external USB "sound card". This comes hopefully next week and will hopefully resolving the issue in a practical sense, without the need to actually having to resolve it :)
I tried btw. updating Clover or messing with the settings. The result was every single time that the system could not be started anymore from the HD and I had to start from the USB stick and then restore the contents of the EFI drive. One could say: I have given up on this :)

Just played for the first time in a while with iMovie. Seems I need a faster computer and will have to go down the HP Z840 route :)

Cheers

Seems I need a faster computer and will have to go down the HP Z840 route
I use the 4790 with iMovie/FCP X and have no problems with either. What you really need is a better AMD graphics card. Upgrading to a Z840 with 6 or more cores will not improve your iMovie experience. Try a 570 or 580 before throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The case (9020 SFF) only allows low profile and single slot cards. I guess with the RX550 I have already reached the maximum here.
I am not saying that the computer does not work. But one could see that some of the transitions could not be calculated "instantly" it took a second or 2 :)

It is by no means slow. and definitely faster than the 2009 MacBook I am using as well :D

btw did you get the sound on your 9020 MT fully sorted?
Cheers

btw did you get the sound on your 9020 MT fully sorted?
Have you not seen the full blown 7020/9020 guide that I wrote ? Sound has worked from day one.

I am not saying that the computer does not work. But one could see that some of the transitions could not be calculated "instantly" it took a second or 2
If you bought the SFF and plan on using iMovie you're certainly not doing any professional level of editing with this. Do one or two seconds really make that much difference ? Is that amount of time really crucial for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back