Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Optiplex 9020 with integrated HD 4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gt 210 will not work well, no 1080p resolution. It will work in High Sierra. Gt 710 is the lowest level Nvidia card that will work with metal in Mojave.
I got mine at micro center.
Used AMD R9 2xx cards work as well as Nvidia gtx 680, 760, 770, 780 cards. These may be picked up under $100 US on eBay.
AMD RX 460-580 cards work except XFX RX 460/560 models. But a lot of these used were for crypto mining and may not last long. The R9 cards are probably a safer used card bet.
so just to make sure if I get the Nvdia GT 710 its just plug and play with Mojave with Dell Optiplex SFF 9020? Thanks in advance.

so just to make sure if I get the Nvdia GT 710 its just plug and play with Mojave with Dell Optiplex SFF 9020? Thanks in advance.

Yes, however the MSI gt710 ddr3 models work be careful not to get the ddr5 models. MSI works I have one and another user has tested it but reports of Asus ddr5 model are negative.
Other brands like EVGA ddr3 may work but I’m not certain.

anybody just getting 720p max out on the integrated 4600 when on youtube?

I figured I also have Display Port which is look like usb on the back of the Optiplex 9020 SFF actually I didn't know what display port is. I was going though a lot of posts from Rehabman and found out what display port is. Thanks to Rehabman for his very useful posts about his research and solution to the problems. Anyway I bought a display port to VGA adapter from the amazon and connected my VGA Monitor to it. Changed config according to Rehabman's guides and I have one working Hackintosh. I don't play games so this HD4600 graphics is good enough for me.

Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.lext are instilled in EFI and in L/E folders. I will delete them from EFI because I think there is no need for them there.

- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Graphics/VBios=true
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0

I made it work but If Rehabman or other experts look at it and if there is any need of tweaks or changes please fix it for me. Thanks
Hi mrokarvi,
thanks for giving me some hope :') , I am running Catalina on my Dell optiplex 9020 sff via clover , and have the same issue with the Intel 4600 , thanks to this post , I have ordered the display port to vga converter . could you please share the links to rehabmans so I can follow .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back