Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I need help guys.

I have Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF system with Haswel Intel I5 4750 Processor and Intel HD 4600 Graphics. I successfully installed Mojave, I was able to make audio, network and USB3 work; Graphics kind of working but not properly. According to Rehabman there is a need to digital connection but this system doesn't have it and I don't have any choice other than VGA.
I setup the config.plist according to your
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

But system reboots constantly in loop with above settings. If I use ig-platform-id=0xE0000000 then it boots but shows only 6mb memory. I also have whaterevergreen.kext and Lulu.kext installed in the /L/E. My EFI Folder is attached for review.

Attachments

• EFI-9020-Optiplex.zip
    26.1 MB · Views: 346
I don't have any choice other than VGA
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

It means I am out of luck with VGA..

The least expensive new graphics card would be a Nvidia gt710 ddr3 model. I have a MSI 1gb model and it works in Mojave. $35 US.
Where did you guy it? And will Nvidia 210 work with Mojave I have it sitting spare.

Where did you guy it? And will Nvidia 210 work with Mojave I have it sitting spare.

Gt 210 will not work well, no 1080p resolution. It will work in High Sierra. Gt 710 is the lowest level Nvidia card that will work with metal in Mojave.
I got mine at micro center.
Used AMD R9 2xx cards work as well as Nvidia gtx 680, 760, 770, 780 cards. These may be picked up under $100 US on eBay.
AMD RX 460-580 cards work except XFX RX 460/560 models. But a lot of these used were for crypto mining and may not last long. The R9 cards are probably a safer used card bet.

Gt 210 will not work well, no 1080p resolution. It will work in High Sierra. Gt 710 is the lowest level Nvidia card that will work with metal in Mojave.
I got mine at micro center.
Used AMD R9 2xx cards work as well as Nvidia gtx 680, 760, 770, 780 cards. These may be picked up under $100 US on eBay.
AMD RX 460-580 cards work except XFX RX 460/560 models. But a lot of these used were for crypto mining and may not last long. The R9 cards are probably a safer used card bet.
Thanks. Time to look for new card.. Ill try to hook up Nvidia 210 any ways until I get the new one. Thanks again

Ok I hooked up Asus Nvidia 210 graphics card and it loaded without any changes in clover but not with graphics accelerator. It takes long time to load I will be removing it.

Last edited:
I figured I also have Display Port which is look like usb on the back of the Optiplex 9020 SFF actually I didn't know what display port is. I was going though a lot of posts from Rehabman and found out what display port is. Thanks to Rehabman for his very useful posts about his research and solution to the problems. Anyway I bought a display port to VGA adapter from the amazon and connected my VGA Monitor to it. Changed config according to Rehabman's guides and I have one working Hackintosh. I don't play games so this HD4600 graphics is good enough for me.

Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.lext are instilled in EFI and in L/E folders. I will delete them from EFI because I think there is no need for them there.

- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Graphics/VBios=true
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0

I made it work but If Rehabman or other experts look at it and if there is any need of tweaks or changes please fix it for me. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI-fixed-Optiplex9020.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 379
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back