Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 Mini Tower
CPU
Intel Core i5 4570
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1050TI
Hi there!

I'm fairly new to the Hackintosh scene, I have gotten the whole thing set up fairly nicely with the glaring omission of the audio.

I have looked around and I know what the ALC I need to find (Kext for Realtek ALC3220) but I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

After struggling with this for a week and installing so many kext I don't know what to do any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if someone has the answer which I haven't found yet then.

Cheers!

Well after multiple attempts of getting this working I have seemed to sort everything out.

I sorted it by using MultiBeast and fiddling with the drivers there. I first installed the applealc then Realtek all 100/200/300 series audio support.

If that doesn't work then uninstall those and then use the VoodooHDA v2.9.0 kext.

One of those two worked for me, I'm sorry I can't tell you which exactly worked its magic but it was one of those two and now I have fully functioning audio including mic in!

Well I have finally found out it was the VoodooHDA v2.9.0 kext was the one that worked. This will get the rear I/O audio to fully work as intended. The front I/O audio will not work using this method though, This is fine for me since it is not something I use however for anyone else who attempts this it's worth noting.

Hi,I have a same dell optiplex 9020 and already installed Mojave,It work ok except audio. I copy voohooHDA.text(2.89,2.9,2.9.1) to EFI/Clover/10.14 , but my computer reboot non stop can't enter os.

Hope this information would be helpful to someone in the future.
First of all, I didn't use MultiBeast on my Hackintosh, I used Clover bootloader. The result was great both audio port, front and back panel are working just fine. (I didn't test mic port though)

This is how I did:
1. add AppleALC.kext into EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/
2. Use Clover Configurator to change a setting in config.plist
Devices tab on the left -> Audio -> inject 15 (add number 15), then save then reboot your system.
That is it. ;)

PS. I also tried with VoodooHDA.kext.( add into the same folder EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/ )It worked sometimes, not quite well as I expected. I had to plug in audio jack into a port before Mac OS boot up in order to recognize the audio device (kinda wired).

Attachments

• Dell 9020 audio config.png
    Dell 9020 audio config.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,002
Last edited:
Hope this information would be helpful to someone in the future.
First of all, I didn't use MultiBeast on my Hackintosh, I used Clover bootloader. The result was great both audio port, front and back panel are working just fine. (I didn't test mic port though)

This is how I did:
1. add AppleALC.kext into EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/
2. Use Clover Configurator to change a setting in config.plist
Devices tab on the left -> Audio -> inject 15 (add number 15), then save then reboot your system.
That is it. ;)

PS. I also tried with VoodooHDA.kext.( add into the same folder EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/ )It worked sometimes, not quite well as I expected. I had to plug in audio jack into a port before Mac OS boot up in order to recognize the audio device (kinda wired).

Sound out works fine. How to make the microphone to hear my voice. Thanks in advance.

@sathyan Sorry man, I don't have a microphone to test out at the moment.

Hi,I have a same dell optiplex 9020 and already installed Mojave,It work ok except audio. I copy voohooHDA.text(2.89,2.9,2.9.1) to EFI/Clover/10.14 , but my computer reboot non stop can't enter os.

Would you share your multibeast, configuration?
Which BIOS Version are you on?
What are your BIOS Settings?

Thanks
piet

Would you share your multibeast, configuration?
Which BIOS Version are you on?
What are your BIOS Settings?

Thanks
piet
same following for this....thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back