Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 9020, Clover configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Clover installed in Legacy mode maybe all that you need to do is set the Optiplex BIOS to boot in Legacy first.
A long shot but worth a try.

Agreed. I now need to understand how this works. Regrettably, I need to stay in Sierra as some of my external components (audio interface) are older, and won't work with a newer system.

Agreed. I now need to understand how this works.
First step, put "Dell Optiplex 9020" into your hardware profile/Motherboard. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details you can also state whether it's SFF or MT but it's not mandatory.

ACPIx64 is not useful info for anyone trying to help you.

Step two. Boot into BIOS, F2 key, check and see if it's set to legacy booting or UEFI.
Also write down the BIOS revision it may be too old to work with macOS Sierra.

Again, remove the R5 240 graphics card it's not better than using HD4600 iGPU and isn't fully supported by Sierra.
The BIOS graphics section (Primary Display) should be set to Auto and the 9020 will use the HD4600 then by default. Make sure you connect to the DP output and not VGA.

Apple no longer supports analog VGA connections on Macs. This is why you must connect to your monitor via DisplayPort. If you do connect to VGA the boot up will fail. You can use a DP to HDMI or DP to VGA adapter. DP to DP in on your monitor is the best choice of all.

vga-jpg.527585

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I will try this tomorrow, and update you. Much appreciated.

As suggested, I removed the Radeon graphics card and I am now using the HD4600. Both computers are running in Legacy mode. The Bios version on the original (working) Hackintosh is Dell A16. The BIOS on the 9020 is Dell A12. Regrettably, I have the same issue where the Mac driver will boot into Clover, but the computer freezes when it begins to load Sierra.

Any other thoughts? Again, I appreciated everyone's time in helping.

Dell suggests that I install BIOS version A25. Would you recommend that?

Thank you. I will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back