Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 755/760 are easily convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know I can boot with iBoot in the short term. The problem I was having is with the boot loaders. That's what I'm asking for help with.

so to bypass the 4k issue I reinserted the old 80 gig clunker of a hdd. It installed and multibeast installed correctly and was able to boot up the new install.

thanks for helping me understand the 4k issue. I do have a system that boots now and that was the goal. Thank you for your help.

No problems - I am glad that you are able to boot from the HDD now.

an unfortunate consequence of the correct multibeast install is that my Ethernet stopped woking. I posted a new thread for that elsewhere.

I had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago - see the other thread.

I was given an old Optiplex 760. Anyone know if it can run Sierra?

What CPU is installed ?

3 GZ Core 2 Duo E8400. Thanks!
Yes, that CPU is new enough. The problem is that those systems are too old to have UEFI.
It's more difficult to install Sierra. You can easily install Yosemite though and use the legacy
Chimera bootloader. If you want to try Clover legacy booting and Sierra you'll probably need
help from other Dell 760 owners who have already got Sierra running.

Yes, that CPU is new enough. The problem is that those systems are too old to have UEFI.
It's more difficult to install Sierra. You can easily install Yosemite though and use the legacy
Chimera bootloader. If you want to try Clover legacy booting and Sierra you'll probably need
help from other Dell 760 owners who have already got Sierra running.

Thank you... now I'll just have to decide whether it's worth the time investment!

hello to everyone or a big problem .. i can not install mac os sierra on my dell optiplex 755 somebody some ideas on how do i try them all .. if anyone knows how to install it please help me thanks in advance

This may be coincidental but it may help someone who is getting occasional kernel panics on boot with a Nvidia Geforce GT610 card. I have a Dell 755 SFF machine running El Capitan perfectly and was running the low profile GT610 WITH the VGA extension bracket plugged into the card, but with NO VGA monitor connected. I used the HDMI port.Occasionally, at random, i would get Kernel panics. When i unplugged the VGA extension from the card the kernel panics stopped. Weird, as no monitor was plugged in. Maybe some loop backs on the pins occurs and the causes panic through boot cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back