Motherboard
DELL Optiplex 7010
CPU
i5-3475S/Q77
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Moving over here from Snow Leopard as I got the Unibeast to work for El Capitan.

I would first like to give thanks where thanks is due to these tremendous :headbang: folks:
trs96
P1LGRIM
Gigamaxx

They have been AWESOME :clap: in helping me get to this point.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i5 3475s CPU
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Intel HD4000 (onboard from i5 CPU)
DVD Burner (part of the 7010)

-- basically standard Optiplex 7010 with an added matched 4GB DIMM

BTW - these posts are being done from a Windows PC at the moment. Still trying to figure out how to do screen shots (captures) from MAC - and it is also in the other room (lol)

Here is where I am now. I have EC booting from the Unibeast USB and it does boot into EC (I must use the -v option on booting). Nothing has been installed (no kexts, plist, DSDT, etc). I have Ethernet, and display is at 1080p (using the Intel HD4000 from the i5). I am able to change resolution no problems. Apple Store and Safari appear to be working fine. Looking at the SYSTEM PROFILER it appears that everything is recognized (HDD is at 6GBs, external HDD when I plug in is working, Keyboard is there and it has a fingerprint reader (which is seen - but will work on getting that working later), AUDIO is recognized but the monitor which is DP to HDMI does not produce sound (yes, it has speakers worked fine on old windows 7 and 10 boxes), if I plug in a USB bluetooth {Kingston} adapter, that works too). So I think that just about covers the setup where I am. Been at this a few weeks now, and as per trs96 (the 2 Ps are essential).

It wants to install an update, but have not done this yet...as the last time I did this on Snow Leopard, everything stopped working properly :banghead:. I had to run MultiBeast again and it was still not right. But at least I was finally able to get the purchases from MAS to pull down.

I have already downloaded the MOJAVE and HIGH SIERRA Installer.app files and are on the external HDD. I also have the Unibeast for each of these.

I have used the HS Unibeast to build a brand new 16GB USB (Kingston - which was used for the LION USB I did). I used DISK UTIL to erase it before I started. The system is set to boot UEFI as per the guide by trs96 and it does work fine. When I built the HS USB, and booted from it (using the -v option), it scrolls through a bunch of stuff as does El Capitan - then I get a WHITE "NO" symbol in the back ground and no go from there. I have rebooted it 4 or 5 times to the same result. AGAIN, I have not used MultiBeast or anything at all to the system. I still use the EC USB to boot.

Here are my questions:

1) Should I run the EC Updates even if I am not planning on staying on EC?

2) Any ideas why the FRESH HS download from MAS and fresh UNIBEAST build the UBM with no errors - but I keep getting the WHITE "NO" logo?

3) Any ideas why I have no sound?

4) I have 2 HDDs that I am using. One currently has the SL load on it (if I put in the 7010 and change from UEFI in the BIOS - it still boots when using the iBoot IVY BRIDGE CD), the other is the current EC load which boots with the EC USB plugged in. What is the best way to get HS installed at this point?

5) I downloaded MaciASL and ran it - it does (from what I can tell) read my system - but does not let me save it. Gives errors about something missing. I was advised in another thread that this is the best way to have ALL my hardware working properly - with some modification to it. I have many BOOT CDs (like tools) which allow me to boot into a Windows shell or Linux shell - would pulling a DSDT be easier over there?

6) Are there any other tools which might be useful?

To any and all advice - I am open.

Last edited:
You need to follow my Dell 7010 guide and replace the Unibeast config.plist with the one there. Works for either HS or Mojave. Boot the installer and then wipe the EC partition out and install. Should have no problems if you follow the guide.

You need to follow my Dell 7010 guide and replace the Unibeast config.plist with the one there. Works for either HS or Mojave. Boot the installer and then wipe the EC partition out and install. Should have no problems if you follow the guide.

trs96 (thought you had abandoned me :( )

I was trying to follow your guide...but I cannot get the USB drive to boot. Is this an indication that I need the .plist for even that?

I have tried using the -x and the -v (in various combinations) and always get the same white NO symbol popping up and everything halts).

Grizz

I was trying to follow your guide...but I cannot get the USB drive to boot. Is this an indication that I need the .plist for even that?
Yes, follow it step by step exactly as presented and it will work. Fully tested and verified by community members.

Last edited:
Thanks trs96!!!

I put in another HDD in the 7010 this weekend. Did a full fresh clean install of Windows 7. All updates and drivers. EVERYTHING is working.

I then downloaded a WINDOWS program for reading/creating a DSDT.aml file and did so. Saved it to an external FAT32 USB.

Would I be able to use that in any way on the Hackintosh?

Grizz

I then downloaded a WINDOWS program for reading/creating a DSDT.aml file and did so. Saved it to an external FAT32 USB.
Would I be able to use that in any way on the Hackintosh?
No need for it. Everything needed is attached at the end of Post #1 of that thread in HS Desktop Guides.
You just need to forget about trying to understand all the complex things like DSDT and robotically follow the steps as they are presented. Don't be creative and try different things or mix in stuff from other guides. It just won't work.
Make sure you have the Windows 7 disconnected when you do the install. Helps avoid confusion and problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back