Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7010 - Success High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the current version of High Sierra from the app store and used a combination the current high sierra guide + this one https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

My install looked like...

1. BIOS SETTINGS as per guides
  2. Use Unibeast to install high sierra (took 2-3 attempts as it kept freezing..)
  3. MultiBeast for post install (ticking apple lan for lan support - pretty much all I needed to do...) then a reboot and igpu started to work
  4. Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 direct from sourceforge install package and got audio working on the next reboot
Things not working include the aforementioned sleep issue and I still get random system freeze's, dont get any freeze's in windows so I've missed something out and I'm not sure what.

If your cpu has the intel 4000 hd built in then maybe run the install without the extra gpu and try install the gpu after.

hey. can you upload you clover file or folder include kext that you used?

I downloaded the current version of High Sierra from the app store and used a combination the current high sierra guide + this one https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

My install looked like...

1. BIOS SETTINGS as per guides
  2. Use Unibeast to install high sierra (took 2-3 attempts as it kept freezing..)
  3. MultiBeast for post install (ticking apple lan for lan support - pretty much all I needed to do...) then a reboot and igpu started to work
  4. Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 direct from sourceforge install package and got audio working on the next reboot
Things not working include the aforementioned sleep issue and I still get random system freeze's, dont get any freeze's in windows so I've missed something out and I'm not sure what.

If your cpu has the intel 4000 hd built in then maybe run the install without the extra gpu and try install the gpu after.
Are you booting legacy or UEFI ?

Could you please update the initial post on this thread with this nice summary and any other updates? it really helps others like me that are trying to find the right way to get this working :D
If you are trying to install High Sierra 10.13.4 to either the 7010 or 9010 it will work via legacy booting. Set the BIOS accordingly and disable Serial Ports in the BIOS. Apply and then exit. Then boot from the Legacy Unibeast installer. You should be able to install high Sierra with no problems. If you want to boot UEFI then set BIOS for UEFI booting. Disable Serial ports in BIOS. You will also need to use a custom config.plist. Replace the one already on your UEFI Unibeast installer. Find it attached below. You should be able to reach the macOS installer with no boot flags needed.

Where do I find the DSDT and kext-pack for the Dell Optiplex 9010. I just fineshed my build but am having issues booting when I have my Bios setup to use both cores.
You don't need either of those things. Follow the directions above, run Multibeast and select Quickstart and Legacy if that is how you installed or UEFI if that is how you installed. Select the newest Intel Mausi Ethernet option. Also change the system definition to iMac 13,2 if you are using an Ivy Bridge CPU like the i5-3470. Reboot and then install VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and AppleHDADisabler kext with Kextbeast and all your audio options will be available.

Attachments

• Unibeast.config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 105
can you walk me through how to install it? I have tried for 2 months now, and cannot install El Capitan. I currently have Snow Leopard installed, with my Core i5 3570K CPU and 10GB of RAM. PLEASE HELP! I get to the loading screen, and the apple logo either duplicates so there are eight of them, with black horizontal lines going through them (When the loading bar is 75% of the way through), OR it will have an empty loading bar, one apple logo, and the beach ball loading cursor thingy. Once again, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lex-7010-9010-desktop-pc.251736/#post-1743272

Hmm, I have a 7050 SFF, wonder how close these are?
The 7050 is Kaby Lake based so it's 4-5 years newer. You could still try a HS UEFI install on it.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this..... should I just start a new thread on it?
Yes, post any questions you have about the install in High Sierra Desktop Support to get help.

I also successfully installed High Sierra on my 7010 with the help of this thread. Thanks. However, how many boot entries in clover do you guys have after installation? With only one SSD connected and only High Sierra installed, I ended up with 5 boot entries,

1) High Sierra
2) Recover
3) FileVault from Prebooter
4) Preboot from Prebooter
5) Install High Sierra from Prebooter

I somewhere read that those are indications that the installation is flawed. I managed to hide all of them with Clover Configurator, however, is there maybe a deeper problem here? Why do they show up in the first place? Does anyone else have them as well?

Cheers.

My experience, after installation of Sierra 10.12.6 , Multibeast wont apply various tuning showing error message. Any idea why ?

Im using 7010 USFF i5-3475s (intel hd 4000) 8gb RAM and an SSD 120 GB.

System starts some times and i can't use mouse and keyboard. Don't know why....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back