Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7010 - Success High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the current version of High Sierra from the app store and used a combination the current high sierra guide + this one https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

My install looked like...

1. BIOS SETTINGS as per guides
  2. Use Unibeast to install high sierra (took 2-3 attempts as it kept freezing..)
  3. MultiBeast for post install (ticking apple lan for lan support - pretty much all I needed to do...) then a reboot and igpu started to work
  4. Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 direct from sourceforge install package and got audio working on the next reboot
Things not working include the aforementioned sleep issue and I still get random system freeze's, dont get any freeze's in windows so I've missed something out and I'm not sure what.

If your cpu has the intel 4000 hd built in then maybe run the install without the extra gpu and try install the gpu after.
Okay. Thanks. How did you get iMessage to work? Does FaceTime work as well?

I downloaded the current version of High Sierra from the app store and used a combination the current high sierra guide + this one https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

My install looked like...

1. BIOS SETTINGS as per guides
  2. Use Unibeast to install high sierra (took 2-3 attempts as it kept freezing..)
  3. MultiBeast for post install (ticking apple lan for lan support - pretty much all I needed to do...) then a reboot and igpu started to work
  4. Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 direct from sourceforge install package and got audio working on the next reboot
Things not working include the aforementioned sleep issue and I still get random system freeze's, dont get any freeze's in windows so I've missed something out and I'm not sure what.

If your cpu has the intel 4000 hd built in then maybe run the install without the extra gpu and try install the gpu after.
Also, do you know how you could do a direct upgrade from El Capitan as if it were a real mac?

Also, do you know how you could do a direct upgrade from El Capitan as if it were a real mac?

I have no idea, this is my first install and it was a fresh install. I havn't tested iMessage/facetime yet as for me it's a low priority. You could backup this install and just do a fresh install? If it doesn't work you can roll-back.

Hello,

I finally installed High Sierra this weekend! I had a hard time running my graphics card (GTX 750 ti). Finally, the problem came from the cable hdmi ... I changed for the output vdi!

For usb 3, I put the kext usbinjectall in the efi folder of Clover.

To be continued...

Hello,

I finally installed High Sierra this weekend! I had a hard time running my graphics card (GTX 750 ti). Finally, the problem came from the cable hdmi ... I changed for the output vdi!

For usb 3, I put the kext usbinjectall in the efi folder of Clover.

To be continued...

All my ports work but when I look in system report they are only showing as usb 2.

About this mac > system report > usb > shows 2 set of usb 2 ports.

Is yours showing up as usb 3?

Yeah still no joy, the only thing I can't get to work!

can anyone help me with this one? i have the optiplex 7010 and tried with unibeast and got 'the path /system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged' error I tried reinstalling it but no luck.

Using Clover/Clover Configurator, got USB 3.0 ports working, without 3rd party kexts

1) a minor edit to the DSDT.aml: search for "Windows 2009" and change it to "Darwin" (and save to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder).
2) disable 'change _OSI to XOSI' in Clover Configurator, in Acpi/Patches pane.

Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF
i7 3770s
16GB ram
Intel HD 4000

Sys def: iMac13,2
macOS 10.13.3

(Separately, Messages worked o.o.b.).

Last edited:
Using Clover/Clover Configurator, got USB 3.0 ports working, without 3rd party kexts

1) a minor edit to the DSDT.aml: search for "Windows 2009" and change it to "Darwin" (and save to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder).
2) disable 'change _OSI to XOSI' in Clover Configurator, in Acpi/Patches pane.

Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF
i7 3770s
16GB ram
Intel HD 4000

Sys def: iMac13,2
macOS 10.13.3

(Separately, Messages worked o.o.b.).

Thank you so much for this. I was having trouble enabling USB3 on my Optiplex 7010 and RehabMan's guide didn't seem to work for me (not showing XHC) - this cleared things up and I'm 100% functional now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back