Contribute
Register

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF i5-6500 8GB ddr4 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi trs96, thanks for your answer. :thumbup:
Sooo I found out, that I can boot from the installation Flash Drive and launch Catalina. :oops: I applied again basic parameters of MultiBeast and this time it worked and the Dell boot under Catalina... Then I discovered that I can change the parameters of MultiBeast only if I boot from this flash drive, not from the SSD. I'm figuring my way out sloooowly in this new Hackintosh world !
Actually the HD530 chipset is detected in the about this mac box, but it seems that there is no acceleration gfx, despite the correct resolution. There is no other solution than buying another graphic card ?
I did not think about updating the SSD to the latest firmware, but I did for the motherboard BIOS. Is it mandatory ?
(sorry for my english, I'm used only to scientific/technical english ! ^^)

HD 530 can work. Just make sure you set the DVMT prealloc to at least 64MB.

hi @Thanathos , could you share your EFI folder ? I have exactly the same computer but I stumble upon the installation.. reading from your post, I should try to update my bios first I think

Well I managed to solve a lot of my issues and managed to install and boot my system.
2 things are not working,
1/ Audio
2/ shut down and reboot, shutdown that leads to a restart and reboot that leaves the screen in sleep mode :(
for now I did not encounter bugs or anything else.

for 1/ I am trying the different known board layouts,

Realtek ALC255/ALC3234 layout 3, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 21, 27, 28, 30, 31, 99

but I am confused with other params that could impact the sound.. I'm going to look on the forums if I find something that helps.
params I still don't understand:
change of HDAS to HDEF (seems to have an impact)
and ResetHDA
Well, I'll update my findings later

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 102
in the end, I do have issues with my Dell 5050 Restarting almost every 30mn... I don't get what can be the cause... any idea where I should have a look at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back