Contribute
Register

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF i5-6500 8GB ddr4 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this one with Moyave. Works better than the R5 240 or HD4600 i tried before. :) (some strange artefacts when i boot up, but then its fine... )

If it's purple lines, that was fixed with more recent versions of WhateverGreen.

Attachments

• IMG_1478 2.jpeg
    IMG_1478 2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
To get back to topic: The creator of this thread can use a RX550 which will fit into the Dell SFF, but will have to make sure to update Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC :)

As mentioned in my above post, you can do it either to the card or the slot. Same result.

PCI-e is backwards and forward compatible.

Dear Dell-fan guys ! :wave:
I recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 5050 with an i5-6500, 8gb of RAM and 500 GB HD, that I upgraded to 16 GB and 256 SSD (Samsung 970 EVO Plus) :cool:. I tried to install Catalina on it, following the generic guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/). I was quite happy, no problem so far... until I tried MultiBeast. I choose the standard parameters (UEFI, no drivers), apply, then reboot the Dell... and then nothing. No more loading of Mac OS ! :silent:
I didn't know how to access the desktop, as I am used to genuine Mac, so I reinstalled Catalina from scratch, run again MultiBeast, with same parameters, to have the EFI partition accessible, and then I used the last EFI that I found in this topic (post #14, I unzipped the file in the EFI drive). Unfortunately after reboot it crashed again...:banghead:
Help me tonymacx86 members, you're my only hope ! :crazy:

I was quite happy, no problem so far... until I tried MultiBeast. I choose the standard parameters (UEFI, no drivers), apply, then reboot the Dell... and then nothing. No more loading of Mac OS !
Intel HD530 graphics do not work OOB. They require framebuffer patches. That's why you can't boot after running Multibeast. The simplest solution is to get a compatible graphics card. If you read back through this thread you can learn which ones should work in your Dell.

I upgraded to 16 GB and 256 SSD (Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Did you check that you have the latest firmware for this Evo Plus drive ?

Hi trs96, thanks for your answer. :thumbup:
Sooo I found out, that I can boot from the installation Flash Drive and launch Catalina. :oops: I applied again basic parameters of MultiBeast and this time it worked and the Dell boot under Catalina... Then I discovered that I can change the parameters of MultiBeast only if I boot from this flash drive, not from the SSD. I'm figuring my way out sloooowly in this new Hackintosh world !
Actually the HD530 chipset is detected in the about this mac box, but it seems that there is no acceleration gfx, despite the correct resolution. There is no other solution than buying another graphic card ?
I did not think about updating the SSD to the latest firmware, but I did for the motherboard BIOS. Is it mandatory ?
(sorry for my english, I'm used only to scientific/technical english ! ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back