Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 5050
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
Built in
Good morning everyone;
i'm Rosh and new to this forum. I have seen lot of Mac build in custom build and etc. I would like to know if i can run mac on

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF i5-6500 8GB ddr4 500GB please let me know which Mac OS would be a stable and safe and how i can install it.

Thank you and looking forward to all of your contributions

Were you able to make it work?

Yes, Mojave is compatible.

Hi, if you were able to make this work, could you post EFI? I can only get so far before it panics. Can't even reach Mojave installer :(

Hi, if you were able to make this work, could you post EFI? I can only get so far before it panics. Can't even reach Mojave installer :(

As per forum rules, please complete your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

You can try my Optiplex 3050 EFI. I think the two systems are similar enough that it should work. Link is below in my signature.

Last edited:
Thank you! thank you! I tried your EFI and it was 99% of the way there. It was trying to use DP vs HDMI so my screen was tinted pink.

I enabled the other framebuffer options you had listed for #1 and that fixed my colors. Thanks again for your EFI! Works great on Optiplex 5050 MFF.

I'll complete my profile now that I have time saved from all the troubleshooting :)

Hi @pastrychef, if you maybe able to help me as well. The op's processor is a skylake's one and Im using a skylake processor too but just the i7 6700. The computer that Im using is the Dell optiplex 7040. I have installed mojave. There are just 2 things that I think that didn't installed:

One, is the ethernet card. I just googled which ethernet it uses and based from my search it is using the intel i219 (hope im correct) but I tried copying the kext from the efi-clover-kext-other (folders) but after rebooting it does not work. I also tried using the kextbeast way but it did not work as well. maybe you can help?

Second is the "waking up when I dont touch the computer for long and goes for sleep" I have to force it to shutdown and just turn it on again. What can I do to fix this as well?

Anyway, Happy new year and thanks.

Hi @pastrychef, if you maybe able to help me as well. The op's processor is a skylake's one and Im using a skylake processor too but just the i7 6700. The computer that Im using is the Dell optiplex 7040. I have installed mojave. There are just 2 things that I think that didn't installed:

One, is the ethernet card. I just googled which ethernet it uses and based from my search it is using the intel i219 (hope im correct) but I tried copying the kext from the efi-clover-kext-other (folders) but after rebooting it does not work. I also tried using the kextbeast way but it did not work as well. maybe you can help?

Second is the "waking up when I dont touch the computer for long and goes for sleep" I have to force it to shutdown and just turn it on again. What can I do to fix this as well?

Anyway, Happy new year and thanks.

Are you using a video card?

Thank you @pastrychef for your quick reply. No, not using a video card.

Is graphics currently working correctly for you? Are you getting acceleration from IGPU?

Please post your EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back