Contribute
Register

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF i5-6500 8GB ddr4 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, is that the one u were using before?

hi @pastrychef,
will this work and fit on the sff case?
No, you need a low profile card in the SFF case. Look at the size difference in the slot covers for SFF and the MT.

Screen Shot 20.jpg
Screen Shot 21.jpg

hi @pastrychef,
will this work and fit on the sff case?

No, you need low profile for SFF.

@pastrychef, ahmmm hoping this is just an easy fix. but I dont think my usb 3.0 is working at all..how can I fix that? thank you.

@pastrychef, ahmmm hoping this is just an easy fix. but I dont think my usb 3.0 is working at all..how can I fix that? thank you.

i lost my usb connection now.. after i followed the steps saying copy the usbinject kext in clover - others folders and that config plist, save and restart... after that keyboard and mouse is not working..

i lost my usb connection now.. after i followed the steps saying copy the usbinject kext in clover - others folders and that config plist, save and restart... after that keyboard and mouse is not working..

The EFI folder I gave you should have USBInjectAll included already.

The advertised RX560 is probably not working either for 2 reasons:
1) power draw
2) the card is a double slot card. The the board only has one PCIe connector. While there are 2 of those covers at the case, the PCIe connector is on the wrong side. Basically the card won't fit mechanically. It would be possible if there were 2 PCIe connectors. I have a 9020 SFF and there is one 16 lane connector and one 4 lane connector. In the service manual for the 5050 there is a "VGA Daughter Board Connector (VGA)" in this place.
I ended up getting a RX550 which seems to work fine. The card is single slot, low profile. Just google for Yeston RX550.
The handbook further states that the following GPUs were optional:
  • 1 GB AMD RadeonTM R5 430 (optional)
  • 2 GB AMD RadeonTM R5 430 (optional)
  • 4 GB AMD RadeonTM R7 450 (optional)

Cheers

Stefan

I've had an MSI RX 560 low profile but I sold that along with another computer that I had.

My OptiPlex 3050 has full height PCI-e slots so I got a PowerColor RX 560 for it.

Both cards work equally well with macOS. I never need to do any configuring for them. Just plug-n-play.
hi there... just a question... the power supply when u were using the optiplex 3050, was it able to work on your rx 560?

hi there... just a question... the power supply when u were using the optiplex 3050, was it able to work on your rx 560?

Yes. I still have my RX 560 in my 3050.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back