Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi Guys,

I'm having real trouble trying to get my 3040M (Micro) to load the installer from the clover boot loader for Mojave.

I've followed many of the incomplete guides on this forum and i'm constantly getting hanging or KP's within a few seconds of selecting the installer after booting the USB. I get to clover fine but upon selecting the installer thats when i run into issues.

I've read it could be to do with memory, i've tried various different tutorials with no avail, namely https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dell-optiplex-3040-sff-mojave-10-14-5.273110/ - this thread is fairly confusing as i dont know if the original post was updated after the 12 pages of discussion resolving problems. In any case i've followed the original posts instructions to no avail, as well as the two rewritten versions throughout that thread, with no avail.

I've attached a screenshot of my most common boot "hang", if its not this then its KP with different EFI configurations.

I've tried so many EFI configurations that i'm not sure whether its worth adding these details to this post and hoping if someone can help me start fresh.

My spec is as follows:

i7-6700T (using onboard HD530 graphics)
8GB PC3L 12800S RAM
500GB HDD

I'm not new to hackintoshes, i've had success with custom builds as well as many other Optiplex machines but all predating the 3040M Intel generation buy a couple years.

I'm not just looking for a hand out, happy to be pointed in the correct direction or try any suggestions. Although if anyone has a working 3040M that'll be just swell!

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_103044.jpg
    IMG_20190914_103044.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
happy to be pointed in the correct direction
Stalling at the point shown in your image usually indicates incorrect / missing / multiple memory fix driver(s).

Hi P1LGRIM,

Thanks, i had thought this may be the case. On some of the tutorials it explains about using AptioMemoryfix-64. during installation of Clover, i couldnt find this within the latest Clover, there was a similar memory fix v3 i believe. It didnt do change anything at all.

I've then tried to find Clover EFI (2.4k 4961) which one of the tutorial's used but doesnt appear to exist so i used the one before it instead, 4945 which included AptioMemoryfix-64 but this had the same result.

Is there something else memory related that i should be looking at in conjunction with this kext?

I've then tried to find Clover EFI (2.4k 4961) which one of the tutorial's used but doesnt appear to exist
Previous Clover versions :

Is there something else memory related that i should be looking at in conjunction with this kext?
Kext ?
There has been no mention of a kext so far.

Thanks, thats the link i found and there is no 4961 that i could see.

Apologies, i meant in conjunction with AptioMemoryfix-64, not kext.

The source / cure for your problem is unlikely to be related to a specific Clover build.
It may well be that in order to install the OS you have to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi although if you do then you should be aware that the author has advised against its long term use.

Hi, Thanks for the pointer.

I'll give that a go and see how i get on.

So, it made no difference. Buggar.

Perhaps I'll try with a 4GB stick to see if that makes a difference. And also swap slots?

So i managed to get this working, through a further discussion on this thread:

Seems the main issue was the ram stick being in the wrong slot. Needed to be in the upper of the two slots on this machine.

Now fully working with onboard graphics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back