Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope still the same issue the left screen is port one as you can see black screen. Right being port 2 it doesn’t even respond and I’m stuck at this, have to reboot with just one monitor in to get back.

Attachments

• 436C9612-45A3-4EDF-B536-45AA9DE603E7.jpeg
    436C9612-45A3-4EDF-B536-45AA9DE603E7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 125
I have a Dell 3020 with i5, 8 gigs of ram and an ATI raden HD running the most recent bios, A17. I can boot the installer just fine, but it makes it to 3 minutes to go on the initial installation and i get "An error occurred while preparing the installation"

Anyone have a fix for this one? I am running a samsung SSD off the supported list. I also have a supported wireless card in there.

I have a Dell 3020 with i5, 8 gigs of ram and an ATI raden HD running the most recent bios, A17. I can boot the installer just fine, but it makes it to 3 minutes to go on the initial installation and i get "An error occurred while preparing the installation"

Anyone have a fix for this one? I am running a samsung SSD off the supported list. I also have a supported wireless card in there.

do you create usb installation using unibeast ? try installing without using any external Graphic..just using on board HD4600

This guide is the simplest to follow and works perfectly for the Dell 3020 SFF to install Mojave. I also added a MSI GeForce GT 710 Low Profile Passive Cooled 2GB DDR3 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card (which is natively supported by macOS OOB) so that I can run two monitors (because the Dell 3020 SFF only has one display port out) and replaced the DVD drive with a Vantec Aluminum Caddy for 12.7mm ODD Laptop Drive Bay and 1tb hard drive. Everything works. Even sleep/wake.

I am waiting to get (shipped) a USB 2.0 pin splitter (Enlabs INU29P1X4) to see if it will work to add an extra USB header off the front I/O header on the motherboard so that I can use it to plug in the bluetooth part of a Fenvi FV-HB 1200 PCI-e card for Continuity. I will post an update in this thread once I get that installed.

To get a working Hackintosh for about $300 all in is a pretty good deal. It's perfectly functional as a mac mini replacement. I learned a lot from working on this and I can definitely see myself building a big super duper hackintosh sometime in the future.

Thanks for the guide. I appreciated the clarity and simplicity.

This guide is the simplest to follow and works perfectly for the Dell 3020 SFF to install Mojave. I also added a MSI GeForce GT 710 Low Profile Passive Cooled 2GB DDR3 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card (which is natively supported by macOS OOB) so that I can run two monitors (because the Dell 3020 SFF only has one display port out) and replaced the DVD drive with a Vantec Aluminum Caddy for 12.7mm ODD Laptop Drive Bay and 1tb hard drive. Everything works. Even sleep/wake.

I am waiting to get (shipped) a USB 2.0 pin splitter (Enlabs INU29P1X4) to see if it will work to add an extra USB header off the front I/O header on the motherboard so that I can use it to plug in the bluetooth part of a Fenvi FV-HB 1200 PCI-e card for Continuity. I will post an update in this thread once I get that installed.

To get a working Hackintosh for about $300 all in is a pretty good deal. It's perfectly functional as a mac mini replacement. I learned a lot from working on this and I can definitely see myself building a big super duper hackintosh sometime in the future.

Thanks for the guide. I appreciated the clarity and simplicity.

Following up on the comment above. The USB 2.0 pin splitter did not work with handoff/continuity, I guess because the Bluetooth module on the Fenvi needs to plug into the actual motherboard. So I plugged it into the Front Panel I/O (which means I have no Front Panel USB anymore) and... yes, continuity and handoff do work...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.37.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.37.33 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.32.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.32.22 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
Dear all,
I followed the guide, everything installed corrected, installed MultiBeast, changed values on Clover Configurator but I'm stuck at the Apple logo when restarting.
I loaded in verbose mode and the last line reads:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now0, sm 0x0

To bypass this page I used Graphics Injector -> Inject Intel -> Fake Id:0x12345678 in place of 0x00000000. Now I can start the system but my graphics are not stable.

Does anybody has an idea of what I can do to overcome this ?

Btw, I'm using the BIOS A19, not sure if this can be the problem, but I can't find a VIDEO menu there.

(This is my first time)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 23.00.48.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 23.00.48.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 23.02.46.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 23.02.46.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 122
Dear all,
I followed the guide, everything installed corrected, installed MultiBeast, changed values on Clover Configurator but I'm stuck at the Apple logo when restarting.
I loaded in verbose mode and the last line reads:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now0, sm 0x0

To bypass this page I used Graphics Injector -> Inject Intel -> Fake Id:0x12345678 in place of 0x00000000. Now I can start the system but my graphics are not stable.

Does anybody has an idea of what I can do to overcome this ?

Btw, I'm using the BIOS A19, not sure if this can be the problem, but I can't find a VIDEO menu there.

(This is my first time)

Nevermind, I started it all over again with the VGA output disconnected and followed all the steps and it works with 1536mb of video.
I don't remember if in this installation I've chose Whatevergreen or not, but the system is perfect.

I've used my 1tb Crucial SSD and 16gb Crucial that I've had on my Macbook Pro 13' 2012 for this build.

Can somebody confirm if the M.2 connector will also worK? I'll use this computer for music and would like to have 1tb ssd + 500gb M.2.

Thanks!

Seems like a helpful guide! I am unfortunately having trouble that it seems nobody else is having, so it's probably a simple fix, but the USB drive isn't appearing as a bootable device in my optiplex's BIOS. I followed everything in the guide, and matched the BIOS settings that were listed on the first page, but still nothing. Set it to UEFI and such in Unibeast. Anybody have any ideas? If it helps, I'm making the installer on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and I can send any files y'all might need. Thanks in advance for any help!

Seems like a helpful guide! I am unfortunately having trouble that it seems nobody else is having, so it's probably a simple fix, but the USB drive isn't appearing as a bootable device in my optiplex's BIOS. I followed everything in the guide, and matched the BIOS settings that were listed on the first page, but still nothing. Set it to UEFI and such in Unibeast. Anybody have any ideas? If it helps, I'm making the installer on a 2012 MacBook Pro, and I can send any files y'all might need. Thanks in advance for any help!
Ignore this, the problem was that I was using too old a Mac to do UEFI booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back