Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the walk-threw , works great the most simple hacktosh load i have ever done everything is working only issue is the sleep and power-off issuse made a few changes to system setting and all is good thanks agin for the hard work done

is there a chance you can help me with mine i can install it but i cant get to the set up screen it gets to the end i get a cursor but it just hangs from there on out

is there a chance you can help me with mine i can install it but i cant get to the set up screen it gets to the end i get a cursor but it just hangs from there on out
Are you using the on board video , ?

Are you using the on board video , ?
yes I am booted in the os now but I haven't got video drivers because m y graphics are stuck at 8mb and I installed the drivers from multibeast

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 12.07.37 1.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 12.07.37 1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
Check mark Intel Interjection and Everything green, Make sure your bias is set to Intel on board

Hi

I have a Dell PC Optiplex 3020 I3 - 4150 HD4400 with Mojave 10.14.4 working fine, but when I update to Mojave 10.14.5, Mojave 10.14.6 or Catalina 10.15, initially everything seems ok. However, if I open Terminal with Homebrew tab (background color with transparency) the desktop shows artifacts, weird behaviour, freezes, etc in desktop, statusbar, dock. I need power-off and restart it with safe mode (-x).
When restarting in normal mode, the same thing happens to me if there is something graphic with transparency

I think I need to increase DVMT pre-alloc up to 128MB but the BIOS does not allow it.
Can you help me to get DVMT with 128MB and try it? I may be wrong, but I think that's the problem

I'm sorry for my bad english.

INFO: 10.14.4 works fine ...

Last edited:
Hello,
thanks for your post. I jumped in this with my 3020m but I'm stuck in the installer.

I always get the message: "macOS could not be installed on your computer - An error occured while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."
Not sure what to do. Has anyone encountered this error while hacking?
I tried many things already. I don't know what else to try. (tried different USB slots, different USB drives, disconnected almost every peripherals but keep getting this error)
I hope you might have a solution for me. Thanks very much!

NEVERMIND, I MANAGED TO INSTALL IT FROM THE TERMINAL; THANKS VERY MUCH!

Works everything except for the internal WIFI. Any suggestion about that?

i5-4590T / 16GB RAM / 256 SSD / DP port setup

Last edited:
yes I am booted in the os now but I haven't got video drivers because m y graphics are stuck at 8mb and I installed the drivers from multibeast
check box EDID and inject Intel in Clover Configurator - > Graphics -> inject EDID & inject Intel as per attachment..also get make sure WhateverGreen.kext and lilu.kext are available in EFI->Kexts->Others

Attachments

• CC-Graphics-Inject.png
    CC-Graphics-Inject.png
    579.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Kexts Folder.png
    Kexts Folder.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back