Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly the same on the Optiplex 7010/9010, one of the DP outputs doesn't give you HDMI audio.
Makes sense, perhaps a real Mac only has one DP.

Would be a good idea to have your 7020/9020 system in your profile or signature.
OK. Not sure I'll keep/use it yet though, that's why I've not bothered so far.

Have you made up a custom USB-SSDT for the 7020 yet ? You may want to do that since no one in this thread has presented one here. Should help your BT to work normally.
Not yet, need to get into the "zone" for that :) will probably try in the coming days...

did anyone here try to go to 10.14.5 with one of these yet?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 15.27.28.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 15.27.28.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 232
Im awaiting delivery of a dell 7020 and want to decide on which BIOS to go for - There is no concern about security of the machine and I just want to make it as fast as possible with a sata ssd and 8Gb of ram only. Has anybody followed this guide but remained at an A12 version of the bios or older and not upgraded to the later versions which have the spectre exploit fixes?

Has anybody followed this guide but remained at an A12 version of the bios or older and not upgraded to the later versions which have the spectre exploit fixes?
I have a 7020 I've been testing lately. I stopped at A15 which works quite well. I've even posted benchmarks for the i7-4790 using iMac 14,2. I may switch to 15,1 SMBIOS eventually but it doesn't make a large improvement in scores.

The BIOS configuring section is in Step #2.

Im awaiting delivery of a dell 7020 and want to decide on which BIOS to go for - There is no concern about security of the machine and I just want to make it as fast as possible with a sata ssd and 8Gb of ram only. Has anybody followed this guide but remained at an A12 version of the bios or older and not upgraded to the later versions which have the spectre exploit fixes?

Will be interested to see if this makes a noticeable performance difference. One thing I will say is that I think it's remarkable just how smoothly my 9020 runs w/ an SSD & 8GB of RAM. I had 16 GB of ram I thought was compatible but wasn't and almost ordered more, but will probably hold off for now.

It's easily able to handle office/ day-to-day work even with countless tabs open in browsers, have multiple browsers open, remote sessions into other machines, many MS office docs, 4 desktop spaces, mail, calendars, spotify/podcasts, to-do-lists, notes, vpn, occasionally a bluestacks instance, videos, leaving it all running at once and it never skips a beat.

I know nothing I'm doing is intense by itself, but it just makes me appreciate the software optimization of mac os compared to windows even more than I used to.

Last edited:
I know nothing I'm doing is intense by itself, but it just makes me appreciate the software optimization of mac os compared to windows even more than I used to.
I'm using an i7-4790 and it's really a smooth experience with just 8GB of ram and a sata SSD. The HD4600 seems adequate too for the kinds of things you are doing. The one thing I haven't sorted is that at idle the CPU never goes below about 2GHz in clock speed. Is that happening to anyone else with one of these Haswell i5s or i7s ? I'm using PluginType=True in my config.plist.

Willl i be able to install High Sierra on my Dell Optiplex 3020? This is the first time I'm doing this. Can i dual boot this with Windows and how can i do that? I'm going to follow this guide, will i be able to boot back into Windows 10 and use it alongside macOS (Mac os will be on my WD Black 500GB and Windows on the WD Blue 500GB)
Spec:
I5 4590 3.2ghz
8GB DDR3
2x 500 GB WD Drives (1 for Windows and the other hopefully for macOS)
Nvidia GTX1050ti (Will this work on Mac OS? As far as i know it won't work on Mojave but will on High Sierra?)

Thanks if anyone can help

Can someone please help me. I´m stucked in Installation.

My System:
Optiplex 9020
Intel Core i3 4130
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
Samsung EVO 860
8 GB Ram

My Bios Settings:
- reseted to default
- UEFI
- disabled RAID

Tools:
- Clover Configurator 5.4.4.0
- UniBeast 9.0.0 (1)
- USB-Drive created from an real mac

While starting the installer it stucking at
Code:
Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH
kext stall[0], (240s): `AppleACPICPU`
kext stall[1], (240s): `AppleACPICPU`
kext stall[2], (240s): `AppleACPICPU`
kext stall[3], (240s): `AppleACPICPU`

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0 lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

after the second "kext stall[3]" I mostly get to the installation screen. When the installation is rebooting, i get the same thing again. When the installation is done and the User-Setup should follow it´s stucking at these errors completely.

My config.plist is attached to this file.

Note: In CloverConfigurator there was an option Acpi > Drop Tables > "MATS" first tries where with this option and "BGRT". The attached file is only with "BGRT". But the error is the same.

--edit:
I found the error, i had an older version of UniBeast. Downloaded the v9.2.0 and it worked like charm.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back