Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojave running smoothly on my 9020 after following this guide to a T :)

Brand: Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU: Core i5-4440
GPU: Intel HD 4600
RAM: 8GB (4GB+4GB)
SSD: 120GB

Anyone doing a 9020 Mojava I recommend the following:
- Update to latest BIOS from Dell (v24 currently I believe). Make a bootable FreeDOS flash drive to install the bios EXE from, as it wouldn't work for me in Hiren's or any windows environment for some reason.

- Install your RAM in matching DIMM slot colors for proper dual-channel RAM because the integrated graphics share that RAM for video memory and its faster in dual channel

- Make sure the flash drive you use in UniBeast is 32GB or smaller (partition size) and formatted for GPT. It won't work make the proper EFI partition on the flash drive with MBR. This threw me off for quite a while.
Hi, I have a 9020 too. After installation and multibeast, I start mojave from SSD and load the loading bar halfway under the apple and then freezes. can you help me? Thank you.

Let me back up - I followed the guide and was able to install Mojave and boot to it from the USB drive. Right now I'm trying to fix the VRAM issue that others have, and also configure clover for the internal SSD.

When turning on device w/o USB I choose "boot macOS from SSD" , it shows loading bar w/ apple logo, but freezes about 2/3 through (or 1/2 through after copying your EFI).

If I choose Filevault, it freezes on loading bar at a bit less than 1/2
If I choose Boot MacOS Install prebooter from preboot, it shows circle w/ line through it

I never ran these 2 successfully
Hi, I have the same problem with the loading bar that does not work. How did you solve it? Thank you

Hi, I have the same problem with the loading bar that does not work. How did you solve it? Thank you

Please update your profile with Motherboard, CPU & Graphics as per rules to be helped. Without knowing your hardware, we just can't help.

Possible fix for your issue:

Make sure when booting from Clover you set the option inject intel so that it boots all the way. In the clover menu before booting to osx you can go to clover options < graphics < inject intel

Please update your profile with Motherboard, CPU & Graphics as per rules to be helped. Without knowing your hardware, we just can't help.

Make sure when booting from Clover you set the option inject intel so that it boots all the way. In the clover menu before booting to osx you can go to clover options < graphics < inject intel
Hi, thanks for answering me. My hardware is:

I7 4770
8 GB DDR3
Intel HD 4600

The solution you gave me is okay?
Thank you

My pc is Dell optiplex 7020

My config is
Cpu: i7-4790 3.6 GHZ
Ram: 16 GB
Storage: 120 GB WG ssd and 500 hdd
Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4600

is it possible to install mojave on my PC
my pendrive is pny 32 gb.

is it possible to install mojave on my PC
my pendrive is pny 32 gb.
Yes, many people have done that. Follow the guide in post #1 and then add the following SSDTs and kexts from this post:

Hi, this solution does not work. can you help me? Thank you

Hi all,

recently I upgraded from the 100% working Dell 7010 SFF (wake from sleep via bluetooth keyboard worked too...) to a Dell 7020MT.

I am using both the onboard HD4600 and a Quadro K600 card as well. I have a Quadro (non K) 600 with which I wanted to experiment to see if it accelerates anything, but so far it does nothing (apart from getting recognised and working ok.. no monitors are connected to it) Both cards work without any Injections OOB.

I started with the upgrade to the latest BIOS and configured it in line with what worked best on the 7010 as well. I found back then that leaving the Legacy Rom enabled or even as possible boot mode completely broke the GUI and the overall behaviour for me.

Bios settings:

General - Boot Sequence —> Boot List Option —> UEFI
- Advanced Boot Option —> “Enable Legacy Option ROMs” unchecked
- UEFI Boot Path Security —> Never
System Configuration
- Integrated NIC —> “Enabled”
- Serial Port —> Disabled
- SATA Operation —> AHCI
- SMART Reporting —> Enabled
- USB Configuration —> All checked
- Audio —> Enabled
- Miscellaneous Devices —> “Enable PCI Slot” unchecked
Video
- Primary Display —> Intel HD Graphics
Security
- CPU XD Support —> Enabled
Secure Boot
- Secure Boot Enable —> Disable
Performance
- Multi Core Support —> “All”
- C states —> checked
- Intel SpeedStep —> Enabled
- Limit CPUID Value —> unchecked
- Deep Sleep Control —> “Enabled in S4 and S5” checked
Power Management
- USB Wake Support —> Enabled
- Wake on LAN —> “LAN Only”
- Block Sleep —> Disabled
Virtualization Support
- Virtualization —> Enabled
- VT for Direct I/O —> Disabled

I am using a mini pcie to pcie converter card with a Dell DW1520 card.
with the SSDTs and the config file from the #125 post plus the above everything works fine.
One thing that does not however is sleep, with which I will need to experiment a bit more.

I can’t sleep the computer (doesn’t go into sleep) but if the scheduled Energy Saver time kicks in, it turns off the screens, and will not wake and will not pair with the bluetooth keyboard or mouse… Fans, power button light stays on and the only thing I can do to it is to force shutdown and restart it.

I attached the problem reporting file

Has anyone managed to get the sleeping to work?

Attachments

• debug_30498.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 107
@trs96: Does both of your graphics card show up in the "about Mac" panel like on a mbP with dGPU? minde only shows 1 active but in the Displays tab it shows the which gpu the monitor is physically connected to..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 15.16.44.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 15.16.44.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 15.16.48.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 15.16.48.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 129
@trs96: Does both of your graphics card show up in the "about Mac" panel like on a mbP with dGPU? minde only shows 1 active but in the Displays tab it shows the which gpu the monitor is physically connected to..
Why leave your perfectly working 7010 for a 7020 ? With the i7-3770 the 7010 performs just as well as an i5 Haswell based 7020.

Here's how my display shows up with the K600 installed. IGFX is disabled in BIOS. Not running it headless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back