Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
the setup for the 9020m looks a little different. In particular, the USB ports are: HS01,2,3,4,8(internal BT),9,10 and SS01,2,3,4,5,6. Currently, the internal BT seems to prevent the deep sleep..

Attached are the ACPI-Tables, could someone please help me with the huge amount of errors in the DSDT. In particular, I would like to fix the USB port-assignments.
Also: The CPU frequency won't drop below 2.0 Ghz (i5-4590T), is this a normal behavior?

Attachments

• origin.zip
    31 KB · Views: 107
I can confirmed that the dell optiplex 9020 works perfectly. Thanks for the guide it helped me alot.
copy of plist? and you have it hooked up via displayport?

I can confirmed that the dell optiplex 9020 works perfectly. Thanks for the guide it helped me alot.
What are you using for display? VGA, Display Port or Graphics Card? Getting read to try my 9020S...

I've successfully installed Mojave with all running.
My PC config:
Brand: Dell Optiplex 3020 MT
CPU: Core i3 4150 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: Intel HD 4400
RAM: 8GB (4GB+4GB)
SSD: 240GB
HDD: 500GB

Everything is working for me like, Audio, USB back & front port(2 & 3), graphics etc. I'm using Display Port and using Dell 21.5 (2216h) monitor with DP to HDMI converter. DP audio is also working with VoodooHDA.

Problem I'm facing is:
1. Internal USB header not working, I've purchased a WiFi+BT card (WTXUP Broadcom BCM943602CS 1300Mbps Dual Band 802.11AC Desktop PCI-E Wireless Card PC wifi Adapter Bluetooth 4.1) from AliExpress, so only wifi is working but bluetooth is not working

2. Sometime facing Bootloop, PC starts after 3 or 4 restarts.

Can anyone help me about these issues, please! Attached my config.plist
Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 271
Mojave running smoothly on my 9020 after following this guide to a T :)

Brand: Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU: Core i5-4440
GPU: Intel HD 4600
SSD: 120GB

Anyone doing a 9020 Mojava I recommend the following:
- Update to latest BIOS from Dell (v24 currently I believe). Make a bootable FreeDOS flash drive to install the bios EXE from, as it wouldn't work for me in Hiren's or any windows environment for some reason.

- Install your RAM in matching DIMM slot colors for proper dual-channel RAM because the integrated graphics share that RAM for video memory and its faster in dual channel

- Make sure the flash drive you use in UniBeast is 32GB or smaller (partition size) and formatted for GPT. It won't work make the proper EFI partition on the flash drive with MBR. This threw me off for quite a while.

I have Mojave 14.3 running on my 9020 SFF as well.

Brand: Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU: Core i5-4570
GPU: Intel HD 4600
HD: 500GB

I did an update from High Sierra with a spinning drive and it converted my drive to APFS which is working. I don't have sound... and the computer will not wake from sleep. I am using internal graphics using DP and a DP to HDMI cable. I tried to add Voodoo 2.9.x using Multibeast and that put me into a bootloop. I was able to save the install by hooking up the drive to one of my other Hackintosh builds and replacing the EFI folder. I also tried changing the device/audio in Clover Configurator to 15... still no sound. My EFI Folder is a mix of stuff I found soI want to try cleaning it up before I share it. If anyone has another solution to sound please share it.

Last edited:
I did an update from High Sierra with a spinning drive and it converted my drive to APFS which is working. I don't have sound... and the computer will not wake from sleep. I tried to add Voodoo 2.9.x using Multibeast and that put me into a bootloop. I was able to save the install by hooking up the drive to one of my other Hackintosh builds and replacing the EFI folder. I also tried changing the device/audio in Clover Configurator to 15... still no sound. My EFI Folder is a mix of stuff I found soI want to try cleaning it up before I share it. If anyone has another solution to sound please share it.

Did you try the clover config suggested in the guide in the first post? And re-running multibeast? OP recommended AppleALC for audio in MultiBeast and "Inject 13" in the audio section of Clover. Quite the opposites of what you are using.

f anyone has another solution to sound please share it.
Your Dell has Realtek ALC3220 so you'll need to determine whether AppleALC supports that chip. If so then you also need the proper audio layout ID.

Did you try the clover config suggested in the guide in the first post? And re-running multibeast? OP recommended AppleALC for audio in MultiBeast and "Inject 13" in the audio section of Clover. Quite the opposites of what you are using.

I missed the change in the original post... I will try it.

I thought my EFI had AppleALC in it! It was necessary to get sound working on High Sierra... on some of my other builds. I built the Kext file for this Hackintosh and did not have it installed. Thanks for making me look back through the files. Addition of AppleALC worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back