Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

So far so good, thanks for the tuto BUT … can't get the wifi nor the ethernet working ...
I installed the DLINK DWA121 installer pkg, it connects great to my network but keeping telling me "no internet" … I tried with a wire with the ethernet port and same thing … WTF … ?
Any ideas ?
Thanks
OPTIFLEX 3020 SFF Inside ;)

I'm really a noob, I did not download the right drivers for Mojave ... shame on me.

Btw, did someone managed to get rid of the sleeping mode issues ? and USB 3 ports ?

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks to the OP for the guide, very helpful.

I do though have an issue. I've followed the guide exactly on a 3020 MT for Mojave and it worked perfectly, including correct onboard graphics.

I followed the guide exactly on a 3020 SFF using the same boot USB and i do not have correct onboard graphics, showing 7mb.

Is there anything different that should be done on the SFF that is different to the MT?

Well.....it appears i may have fixed it! I noticed that for some reason (within clover configurater) there was an inputted fake id in the intelgfx field within devices. I didnt remember seeing this when i setup the 3020 MT. So i deleted the id, saved and restarted. Now i have full onboard graphics, i'll report back if this isnt stable.

Damn it, I thought you were replying about the USB3 / sleeping issues ...
Btw good for you if your config works ;)

Despite following all of your steps, I was not able to reach the installation screen. When I click on boot in usb, all it said was partition != 55aa. Please help.

Sorry if this has been covered already but is it pretty straight forward to get a TP-LINK Wireless PCI Express Card (low profile) working on the Dell 3020. I have one that was listed on the recommended hardware, still in the box.

Catalina just released. Anyone successfully updated to it on 9020?

I tried upgrading to betas, which hung part way through install/update. Had to reinstall Mojave both times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back