Contribute
Register

Dell NEW XPS 15 2-in-1 Radeon RX Vega M GL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also interested in this

Do you happen to know any laptop model that has a dedicated GPU?

I don't really purchase such laptops, so no, I'm not keeping any list.

@RehabMan It is my understanding that this is the new Intel CPU chip that comes with Radeon RX embedded, rather than the Intel UHD graphics. That's why I am curious about it.
For additional reading:

https://ark.intel.com/products/1304...RX-Vega-M-GL-graphics-8M-Cache-up-to-4_10-GHz

Mehhhh. Sorry, I guess the Radeon is added as Discrete and is it still has the Intel 630 graphics. Sorry!

You'll find out when you get one in hand.

@torchmedia @dronefriend, I have one 4K version on my hand right now and I have installed 10.13.4 on it.
I had hard time to install 10.13.4 on it: I was stuck at formatting the macOS partition to APFS, but somehow I worked around it and am able dual booting Windows and macOS.
I can get into the desktop without fully enabling the graphic card right now with its Intel HD 620. (shown as HD 630 with invalid framebuffer 0x12345678 in macOS)

I will do more tests when I have time, including its AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL. I'd be glad to have companions working around this laptop with me. It seem right now, the laptop is very doable. Even if the AMC card doesn't work, I would still be very satisfy, because this laptop is really a beast!

Last edited:
Please have us stay tuned with what you find :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back