Motherboard
GA P55-US3L-rev 2.0
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT240
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am not sure if this is the right place to post a guide for installing 10.10.2 on Dell N7110 (i3)

There is a lot of steps to make this laptop work excellent, so far almost 100%.

So far I am working on disabling discrete GT535M graphic card for energy efficiency.

First step is since this laptop doesn't support UEFI to install moded bios, I will provide link later.

I will also attach all kext needed for installation and DSDT and SSDT files. Almost all files are patched with a huge THANK YOU to ReHabMan.

What is working and what is not working just yet.

WiFi - without a problem - toledaARPT
BT - works fine with Bluetooth firmware uploader, even after cold boot or sleep
Sleep - works great, lost 6% of battery in 6 hours, not bad but it is too much IMHO, battery is replaced 3 month ago - OOB
ETH - I am working on this, I have RTLNIC pkg where you only get 10Mbps, but still full duplex. Mieze driver is acting weird after changing networks, and since I am working with networks every day, it is a huge problem to me.
Brightness Slider is working normally
Audio ALC269VB - works excellent - will post tools and everything
USB3 ( Renesas ) are not working even on El Capitan
USB2 ports are working OK ( with DSDT patch and additional KEXT ) - With USB HUB now I have 5 working ports
Batterystatus - working - ofc with additional kext
Card reader - OOB
Touchpad - ELAN - working just like touchpad, no prefpane.

I will provide credits, links and kext folder later.

As you can see there is a space for improving this configuration, but so far I am satisfied even with this.

I am trying to keep OSX vanilla as much is possible, so I dont want to install KEXTS to S/L/E, unless I really have to do that.
Last night I updated to 10.2.2 without any problem (ALC269) wasn't patched last night. I made installer few days ago so I installed 10.2.1. initially.

That's all folks for now.

Last edited:
Any update? :) I started last night on a N7110. I would rather not reinvent too much of the wheel. Thanks

Apologies for the necro, but I am currently working on this exact laptop model and am running into nothing but headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back