Graphics
ati 5470m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a dell N7010, I had some problems getting everything working in ML just like I did in SL. But I finally got everything working even App Store, iMessage, and iCloud. I'm gonna try to explain how I had to go about getting everything working, took me 3 days to figure everything out with lots of google searches, different kexts, and a couple fresh installs.

I had my buddy download ML on his mac since I never had access to App Store with my SL build. I created the usb drive using unibeast as described on this site. After that was created I installed ML on the hdd as normal. Used to usb to boot back into ML.
I opened up multibeast (for ML) and initially I used easybeast but that caused a black screen on boot up so I had to erase the drive and install ML again.
What worked for me was going down to boot loader and click Chimera, go to miscellaneous under drivers and click FakeSmc and PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpad. You can pick whatever System Definitions you want and whatever theme you want. Install and reboot.

You will notice you will have to manually click enter to boot into ML. Turns out with the ML version of multibeast it doesn't install org.chameleon.boot.plist for whatever reason so anything you click that modifies org.chameleon.boot.plist will always fail. I ended up having to download multibeast for Lion and go to boot options and click 64-bit apple boot screen. and also click off System Utilities. Install and reboot. You should now have org.chameleon.boot.plist in your /extra folder.

To get video working open up your new org.chameleon.boot.plist and add this
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Hoolock</sting>
That's it for video, no other kexts were needed.

To get sound working I used VoodooHDA 2.7.4r63 downloaded from http://www.osx86.net/view/2746-voodoohda_2.7.4_pkg_installer.html

Now onto iCloud, iMessage, and App Store. I have the Atheros ar8152 so I downloaded the kext from http://www.osx86.net/view/1391-ar_8152_lion.html. After installing delete networkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.
Now open System Preferences and click Network, delete all your network connections on the left. Apply changes then restart computer. When you boot back up go to Network Utility and make sure it says Ethernet (en0). Go back into System Preferences and click network. Only add your WiFi connection. Do Not Add Ethernet to list will cause kernel panic. If for some reason it does get added back to the list you can boot up with cpus=1 if you get a kernel panic. Once booted back up just delete it off the list again. You should now be able to log into all 3.

I never did get the internal WiFi card working but didn't really bother with it since I got the airlink 101 mini adapter. That works fine for me and I just leave it plugged in since it's so small. My laptop didn't come with bluetooth but I got a mini adapter off amazon for .99 sent from china which seems to work pretty good.

EDIT: Took my laptop to work today and couldn't log into iMessage, or iCloud. I had to do repair permissions and reboot and it worked fine afterwards. Same thing when I got home from work. After the repair permissions everything was back to normal, not sure why that is but if that's all I have to do then I don't mind.

i have the same laptop as you, but not the same results (no sound, no graphics) :(

thanks a lot, everything works fine now (i got graphics to work using Forced EDID and Sound using modded AppleHDA and DSDT patch) but there sill some problems like power management (no battery detection) and CMOS reset for both Win7 and mac. can you plz help me :)

i'll try this, thanks a lot amigo :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: my dear Sir, you are a genius!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

i was trying to install ML on my N7010 for about 3 weeks and i was really really frustrated that nothing that i tried regarding my video adapter worked. there was nothing to try, but i discovered this only after i read your post! and now, i am running ML almost flawlessly

from my experience:
- the LAN kext was not appropriate for me, i used the one i was using with Snow Leopard - AtherosL1cEthsernet.kext
- all other kexts from this post worked flawlessly, with only one small issue -> my microphone is not working at this time.
- wireless won't work, but i have in mind buying an USB dongle, compatible with ML.

i think also EDID Injection should be made, because waking up from sleep lights up the display but it remains black. also, when connecting a HDMI device, the built-in display stops working properly. sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. but i was a little bit lazy and too enthusiastic to take care of that right now. i'm sure it will work. it worked in SL, it will work in ML as well.

in conclusion, this was the only thing, out of hundreds of posts i've read, that helped me!!!

i'll write down my System configuration, maybe someone will need further help with this laptop, and it will be easier to find this post :).

Running Installing Mounain Lion Dell Inspiron N7010 R17 (17"), Intel GM55 Motherboard, Intel Core i5 2.4 Mhz 450M Processor, 8 Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 1024 Mb, Dell Wireless 1501 802.11b/g/n Half-Mini card, Integrated High Definition Audio (Realtek) with ALC269 codecs.

once again, thanks a lot for your post!!!

P.S. Did you find a way to get the microphone working? if you did, please, let me know how. Cheers

it works! thanks a lot!

a few more things, after a few days of usage: sleep doesn't work. it enters to sleep and then after a few seconds it wakes up automatically but it doesn't powers the display again. i have to power it down and up. does this happening to you too? also, it doesn't enters to sleep when i close the lid.

message doesn't work (i'm not a big fan, but anyway). i can't log in into it.

do you use a patched DSDT? if so, could you give me a copy, please? i couldn't find one for our motherboards.

thanks in advance!

Check that dell wireless card, it may well be an atheros card as some other dells are!! if so, it will work with the right kext and patch. I think the dell 1702 <<??? is the model in my friends, that is an atheros.

Patching your own DSDT is far better than using somebody else's, a tiny thing different in the hardware, or bios revision and it could / probably will cause you issues.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back