Motherboard
Asrock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with HDMI-Video. When I plugged HDMI cable in, the extend monitor displayed normally but my laptop monitor showed really laggy mouse and graphics. But next I plugged HDMI cable out, the monitor went dark while the backlight still working so I have to restart my laptop by pressing power button.
The main Issue here is I can plug HDMI cable in once then I have to restart laptop due to non-displaying anything.
I tried many things like patch-on-fly Clover (AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer), installing kexts related to graphics but nothing works. Please help me, I attached my EFI, IORes config, some pics about my laptop profiles.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 3459, I5-6200U (SkyLake), HD520. Sierra 10.12.6.

Attachments

• Le’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 195
  • EFI.zip
    40.5 MB · Views: 207
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 6.02.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 6.02.51 AM.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 217
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with HDMI-Video. When I plugged HDMI cable in, the extend monitor displayed normally but my laptop monitor showed really laggy mouse and graphics. But next I plugged HDMI cable out, the monitor went dark while the backlight still working so I have to restart my laptop by pressing power button.
The main Issue here is I can plug HDMI cable in once then I have to restart laptop due to non-displaying anything.
I tried many things like patch-on-fly Clover (AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer), installing kexts related to graphics but nothing works. Please help me, I attached my EFI, IORes config, some pics about my laptop profiles.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 3459, I5-6200U (SkyLake), HD520. Sierra 10.12.6.

Problems/suggestions:
- SMBIOS truncation. You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true
- CPU PM not implemented (see guide for good starter plists: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/)
- your problem might be ig-platform-id related (try other values, esp. 0x191b0000)
- you might need a display override with patched EDID. Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Hi RehabMan. Thanks for supporting me. I did three your suggestions but it doesn't work. Maybe I did wrong at some points so I attached those files after I did those suggesstions extra one pic and videos describing my problem.

At patching EDID. I followed this guilde. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-high-sierra.237050/page-5#post-1637335
- I use "byte 20 for Apple Mac Air display (16:9) is 95"
- I really don't know how to fix premissions about /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/ so I used Kext Utility.

If I did wrong at any points, pls show me. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 182
  • EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • Le’s MacBook Air with extend monitor.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 175
  • patched EDID.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 87
Hi RehabMan. Thanks for supporting me. I did three your suggestions but it doesn't work. Maybe I did wrong at some points so I attached those files after I did those suggesstions extra one pic and videos describing my problem.

At patching EDID. I followed this guilde. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-high-sierra.237050/page-5#post-1637335
- I use "byte 20 for Apple Mac Air display (16:9) is 95"
- I really don't know how to fix premissions about /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/ so I used Kext Utility.

If I did wrong at any points, pls show me. Thanks in advanced.

KextUtility will not correct wrong permissions on a display override.
If you copy with 'sudo cp -R', you will have the correct permissions.
If you copied with wrong permissions, you will need to remove it first.
Your ioreg still shows ig-platform-id 0x19160000, not 0x191b0000.
Patched EDID is NOT to be implemented with Clover injection (must use display override file).
You will need to try different values for byte 20 (0x95 does not always work).

KextUtility will not correct wrong permissions on a display override.
If you copy with 'sudo cp -R', you will have the correct permissions.
If you copied with wrong permissions, you will need to remove it first.
Your ioreg still shows ig-platform-id 0x19160000, not 0x191b0000.
Patched EDID is NOT to be implemented with Clover injection (must use display override file).
You will need to try different values for byte 20 (0x95 does not always work).
Hi RehabMan. You are absolutely right. 2 things I need to do to fix this problem.
- Try ig-platform-id with 0x191b0000
- Re-patch EDID with byte 20 for Apple iMac Display (16:10) is B5 and I also have to change checksum too.
I think it nearly solved this problem. Sometime I got blurry situation on extend screen. I will make more tests and detect what is appropriate config for my case. I will keep updating things on this post if it is okay.
Again, thank you so much.

Hi RehabMan. You are absolutely right. 2 things I need to do to fix this problem.
- Try ig-platform-id with 0x191b0000
- Re-patch EDID with byte 20 for Apple iMac Display (16:10) is B5 and I also have to change checksum too.
I think it nearly solved this problem. Sometime I got blurry situation on extend screen. I will make more tests and detect what is appropriate config for my case. I will keep updating things on this post if it is okay.
Again, thank you so much.

Note that the display override is for the internal screen, not external.

Note that the display override is for the internal screen, not external.

Thanks for warning.
Of course I notice this detail. When using FixEDID for patching, I choose my internal screen in "choosing display". (image attached)

I have another problem with Sleep but it is not painful as same HDMI problem. My hackintosh is "sleep/wake" normally but when waking from sleep, my broswer or some apps might start to crash. Specially when I tried to play videos on any browser like safari, chrome or firefox. Expect reading online paper they functioned normally. So I have to restart to play video on youtube or somethings like that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 6.25.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 6.25.49 AM.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for warning.
Of course I notice this detail. When using FixEDID for patching, I choose my internal screen in "choosing display". (image attached)

I was just checking as you mentioned the display override was affecting your external display...

I have another problem with Sleep but it is not painful as same HDMI problem. My hackintosh is "sleep/wake" normally but when waking from sleep, my broswer or some apps might start to crash. Specially when I tried to play videos on any browser like safari, chrome or firefox. Expect reading online paper they functioned normally. So I have to restart to play video on youtube or somethings like that.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I was just checking as you mentioned the display override was affecting your external display...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My bad I forgot attach necessary files.
gen_debug.sh tool is so great.

Attachments

• debug_5283.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
My bad I forgot attach necessary files.
gen_debug.sh tool is so great.

ACPI/origin is missing.
Please re-create it, then use F4 in Clover to populate it with native ACPI files.

Note that you didn't patch ACPI correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

These options are a bad idea (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes): FixRegions, AddHDMI. Remove.

SSDT.aml conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. Remove SSDT.aml from ACPI/patched.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No need for ACHIPortInjector.kext for your hardware. Use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back