Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jj, I also have the Quadro K3100m in my Alienware M17x R3 can you tell me how to get the map up and running in High Sierra? Thank you

Hi jj, I also have the Quadro K3100m in my Alienware M17x R3 can you tell me how to get the map up and running in High Sierra? Thank you

What do you mean by "get the map up"?

What do you mean by "get the map up"?

I'm sorry, I speak German and the translator didn't translate it correctly. I wanted to know what exactly the thread creator did to make the Quadro k3100m work in high Sierra?

My Quadro is recognized in MacOS as Dell quadro k3100m 2048MB but without QE/CI. When I install the nvidia web driver only display 7MB is left

Last edited:
NVIDIA Graphics work perfectly thanks to the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kext. THIS FIXES THE BLACK OR BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM.

jjdizz1l how did you get the Quattro K3100M to run in High Sierra? Can you tell me exactly what I need to do? The card is displayed as Dell Quadro K3100M 2048MB but I don't have QE/CI. When I install the Web Driver I either get a black Screen or when it starts it only shows the card as a 7MB display.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-06 um 13.08.14.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-06 um 13.08.14.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-06 um 13.09.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-06 um 13.09.09.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 119
TY very much jjdizz1l. You saved me another day of :banghead:
I even figured out how-to wake up my wireless mouse on Apple screen with 3 left clicks @ the beginning of progressbar & still have touchpad too. Quad booting, W10 LTSB, W10 ProWS, Ubuntu 18.05, Phoenix OS + my only EFI GPT drive High Sierra 10.13.06.
MacOS HS DellWS laptop.png Mac with space.PNG Drive-Space-on-Dell-Hackintosh.gif5x OSes Win-Linux-Mac-Android.png

Last edited:
I cant get video on internal display with dedicated nvidia gpu without nv_disable=1

If I enable switchable graphics Intel igpu works fine, but this option is not "stickable", I dont now why...

I've tried jjdizz1l but no luck

I'm currently using legacy and booting with uefi option manually added to efi folder.

I think the problem is that my M6800 has eDP :(

Btw, my nvidia gpu is quadro k5100m 8gb and it's works nicely on external display

Attachments

• m6800 no internal lcd video.zip
    32.6 MB · Views: 212
Attached is my Clover Bootloader Folder and the KEXT drivers I used to install and run macOS High Sierra on my Dell M6800 with NVIDIA Quadro K3100M 4GB GFX Card. I have 12GB of DDR3 1600MHz Ram installed in 3 separate Banks/DIMM slots. I am currently running a vanilla macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 with the 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (Haswell E). I have my High Sierra installed on my SK hynix SH920 SSD with the Apple File System (APFS) though it is not suggested for Hackintosh, it works fine on this machine. The High Sierra installation indicates that the SATA drivers running on it uses the Intel 8 Series Chipset with no TRIM support. My M6800 does NOT have a Webcam so IDK the answers to if yours will work or not. I do use a USB Logitech HD Webcam C615 1080p camera I have had for years and it works just fine.

If you do not know already, you will need to have access to a separate Mac or have some version of macOS installed in order to create your USB. I am not the person to ask for help with that unfortunately. I will help if you ask kindly.

Installation: Simply DELETE your EFI folder on your USB and PASTE mine where yours was [IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DELL M6800 or similar DO NOT DO IT TO YOURSELF].

After a successful boot and installation of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 you can also use Clover Configurator to Mount your hidden EFI partition and DELETE and PASTE these files to that as well. I also suggest using KEXT WIZARD or KEXT UTILITY to install each and every kext in the ZIP attached.

What's Working:

Sleep/Wake WHILE THE POWER CORD IS PLUGGED IN (Not from closing the screen down, but from clicking the Apple logo and sleep or by timer).

Wi-Fi (AirPort Extreme) via Broadcom BCM43xx.

2 USB ports on the LEFT side as USB 2.0 and the 1 USB/eSATA on the back.

KeyBoard.

TouchPad (only when USB mouse is not plugged in at boot and it is SLOW unadjustable, it's terrible use a USB mouse).

iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, AppStore work perfectly.

NVIDIA Graphics work perfectly thanks to the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kext. THIS FIXES THE BLACK OR BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM.

DVD-Drive/Burning if you even care to use CD, DVD disk.

What does NOT work (at least for me):

Bluetooth (I will update ASAP)

2 USBs on right side are unresponsive.

Ethernet/RJ-45 (I know I can fix it, but I don't use a wire. I will include a KEXT to fix this later)

Adjusting Brightness (Download an app from the AppStore called Brightness Slider -OR- use Night Shift [will not adjust brightness, but will be bearable]).

Native Sound (I am working on finding a solution without using VooDoo).

No Card Readers work (Personally IDC for them. I like digital, but I love USB, so I will work on that.)

Any questions about any of the above feel free to ask!!

Hello house, HELP I can't boot to install mode....
getting the error attached below....anybody with a solution. Thanks for prompt responces

Attachments

• 20181002_122153_Burst01.jpg
    20181002_122153_Burst01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 20181002_122551.jpg
    20181002_122551.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 52
Hello house, HELP I can't boot to install mode....
getting the error attached below....anybody with a solution. Thanks for prompt responces
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back