CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Dell Latitude e7440 and Ive noticed that it behaves differently when booting straight up from being powered off, to booting from a restart. When I power it on from being off, I get sound and everything but the wifi light doesn't show on the laptop. When I restart, either from dual booted windows or from restarting Mac OS, I don't get sound and the wifi light comes on.

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I have a Dell Latitude e7440 and Ive noticed that it behaves differently when booting straight up from being powered off, to booting from a restart. When I power it on from being off, I get sound and everything but the wifi light doesn't show on the laptop. When I restart, either from dual booted windows or from restarting Mac OS, I don't get sound and the wifi light comes on.

It is not uncommon for the LED associated with WiFi to not work correctly on OS X.

As far as audio, you would need to provide additional information.

- what audio solution are you using
- which bootloader

And fill out your profile with hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

---

Note: I will move your off-topic post to its own thread(DONE).

Here's my specs. Its a

Dell Latitude e7440 Laptop
i7-4600u 2.7 GHz
4GB DDR3
Intel HD 4400 1920x1080

And from another forum, I heard that a different DSDT would have to be gathered to use the docking station that comes with it for use with those extensions so that made me thing that maybe there are other occasions where DSDT might not have been captured right. I dont use the docking station, but possibly I captured my DSDT when it was on battery, or after a normal restart vs powered on from scratch.

Thats why I posted in that DSDT thread. But now posting back in the other forum on the other website.

My profile has my main desktop computer.

Here's my specs. Its a

Dell Latitude e7440 Laptop
i7-4600u 2.7 GHz
4GB DDR3
Intel HD 4400 1920x1080

Please read carefully... "in your profile or signature"...

And from another forum, I heard that a different DSDT would have to be gathered to use the docking station that comes with it for use with those extensions so that made me thing that maybe there are other occasions where DSDT might not have been captured right. I dont use the docking station, but possibly I captured my DSDT when it was on battery, or after a normal restart vs powered on from scratch.

DSDT will not generally change due to being on battery vs. ac or whether cold boot vs. restart.

It can change due to hardware changes, BIOS option changes, or BIOS updates.

You didn't answer my questions.

Sorry about that.

Clover and ALC892

You could try ResetHDA (read the Clover wiki).

And you didn't answer the question regarding which drivers you're using (VoodooHDA or patched AppleHDA).

Just when I was on my way to update that ALC892 to Realtek ALC892 from Multibeast, you beat me here.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised the desktop ALC892 patched AppleHDA (assuming since you didn't really answer the question) works on a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back