Contribute
Register

dell latitude e6510

Status
Not open for further replies.
fixed all permissions errors and rebuilded cache. appleALC is still slowing down boot times. my nvidia dgpu audio device isn't supported by appleALC so, to my understanding, it needs to be disabled for it to boot normally, otherwise the kext is just timing out until it boots (notice it times out approximately 4 times, the same number of audio devices linked to my gpu in DPCImanager). here is the new debug zip, hopefully we can solve this issue.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: Must install *ALL* kexts you need.

allright, I installed all the kexts (minus lilu, that to my understanding doesn't like being loaded late in the boot process) to Library/extensions as of (10.11+).
attached are the debug files, hopefully we can figure something out this time, my apologies.

Attachments

• debug_22193.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
allright, I installed all the kexts (minus lilu, that to my understanding doesn't like being loaded late in the boot process) to Library/extensions as of (10.11+).
attached are the debug files, hopefully we can figure something out this time, my apologies.

Must install all kexts you need to /L/E. Reply when you actually get that done.

done that, lilu did not complain about being installed on L/E. here is the last debug file. I just want to disable the hdmi audio devices since I have no use for them.

Attachments

• debug_30056.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
Could you elaborate a bit more? I don't have an igpu on my i5-520m (it's actually present on the die itself) but it's not used nor is connected to any port. Does your guide address dgpu HDMI audio? I'll check for hda-gfx injection.

Could you elaborate a bit more? I don't have an igpu on my i5-520m (it's actually present on the die itself) but it's not used nor is connected to any port. Does your guide address dgpu HDMI audio? I'll check for hda-gfx injection.

Open your ioreg, then search for "hda-gfx" (you will find it injected under HDAU and GFX0).
Stop doing those injections and you'll break HDMI audio.

i deleted everything regarding hda-gfx in config.plist, an this didn't solve the problem. IOHDAcontroller still times out and the HDAU devices are still created, i'll post my config.plist in the possibility that i'm doing something wrong.
also, reading lilu and appleALC logs i can see that lilu triggers the rebuild of prelinked kernel. do i need to do anything specific?

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.7 KB · Views: 150
i deleted everything regarding hda-gfx in config.plist, an this didn't solve the problem. IOHDAcontroller still times out and the HDAU devices are still created, i'll post my config.plist in the possibility that i'm doing something wrong.
also, reading lilu and appleALC logs i can see that lilu triggers the rebuild of prelinked kernel. do i need to do anything specific?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Nothing has changed file-wise from the last debug zip I uokoaded, do I need to reupload? It's here
done that, lilu did not complain about being installed on L/E. here is the last debug file. I just want to disable the hdmi audio devices since I have no use for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back