Contribute
Register

dell latitude e6510

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately after fixing all the errors that the MaciASL compiler was throwing out i'm stuck at the _sta part. when searching for EHC1 or EHC2 only the latter is found in the device scope. adding to that the _sta method is nowhere to be found. i'm slightly confused here.
would a zipped version of the patched dsdt be helpful?
thanks again

If _STA method is not provided the default _STA is 0x0F. Must add Name(_STA,0) if you want it to be 0.
More details in the ACPI specification.

after many tries i succesfully installed high sierra on the laptop! now the only real problem is the shutdown process. after i press shutdown the machine unmounts all drives, halts the cpu and stays on after turning off the screen. the only effective way to shut it down is to wait for the halt and then press the power button. any ideas on why it could be behaving like that?
please request any kind of data if it helps, and as always big thanks to Rehabman for the huge help

after many tries i succesfully installed high sierra on the laptop! now the only real problem is the shutdown process. after i press shutdown the machine unmounts all drives, halts the cpu and stays on after turning off the screen. the only effective way to shut it down is to wait for the halt and then press the power button. any ideas on why it could be behaving like that?
please request any kind of data if it helps, and as always big thanks to Rehabman for the huge help
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

the install is working fine, beside 3 main aspects:
- the laptop reboots fine, but hangs on shutdown turning off the display while the motherboard is still on.
-I cannot get the audio to work. appleHDApatcher says that the laptop has the IDT 92HD81B1C. up to now I tried patching AppleHDA on the fly with DSDT edits specific to the layout requested and aDummyHDA.kext, and AppleALC with specific layout configurations on the clover config.plist.
-while the gpu is natively supported in high Sierra, it lacks power management and so it's stuck at 405mhz, not reaching the other two power states.
I've attached the full report generated using the report.sh program.

Attachments

• debug_3862.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
the install is working fine, beside 3 main aspects:
- the laptop reboots fine, but hangs on shutdown turning off the display while the motherboard is still on.
-I cannot get the audio to work. appleHDApatcher says that the laptop has the IDT 92HD81B1C. up to now I tried patching AppleHDA on the fly with DSDT edits specific to the layout requested and aDummyHDA.kext, and AppleALC with specific layout configurations on the clover config.plist.
-while the gpu is natively supported in high Sierra, it lacks power management and so it's stuck at 405mhz, not reaching the other two power states.
I've attached the full report generated using the report.sh program.

Read FAQ regarding AppleALC:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

For DGPU PM, VID needs to be renamed to GFX0 (at a minimum). You will find some guides regarding DGPU PM in some of the desktop forums.

Your shutdown issue is probably an ACPI issue. See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

after weeks of refining the installation i'm almost there. right now i have working audio via VoodooHDA, i know it's note the best solution out there, but it works fine in the meantime.
i have a problem with AppleALC, in fact i can get it to work nicely injecting layout-id 11 (specific for this laptop), but the boot process is extremely long (i'm talking 4+ minutes instead of 15 seconds with VoodooHDA). booting in verbose mode gives me IOHDAcontroller timeouts until the system actually posts. i think it could be hdmi related, as DPCImanager gives me 4 different hdmi audio devices.
the thing is, i'm not really interested in hdmi audio (the laptop has no hdmi ports indeed), so i was thinking about disabling the gpu hdmi audio device in DSDT. Can it be done this way?

i have a problem with AppleALC, in fact i can get it to work nicely injecting layout-id 11 (specific for this laptop), but the boot process is extremely long (i'm talking 4+ minutes instead of 15 seconds with VoodooHDA). booting in verbose mode gives me IOHDAcontroller timeouts until the system actually posts. i think it could be hdmi related, as DPCImanager gives me 4 different hdmi audio devices.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

sorry, thought it was a simple fix.
here are the debug files.

Attachments

• debug_18463.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
fixed all permissions errors and rebuilded cache. appleALC is still slowing down boot times. my nvidia dgpu audio device isn't supported by appleALC so, to my understanding, it needs to be disabled for it to boot normally, otherwise the kext is just timing out until it boots (notice it times out approximately 4 times, the same number of audio devices linked to my gpu in DPCImanager). here is the new debug zip, hopefully we can solve this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_000542(1).jpg
    IMG_20181204_000542(1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • debug_3941.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back