Contribute
Register

dell latitude e6510

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess i managed to progress a little further, now the boot sequence continues until the line "waiting on<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>". i dont know if this is in any way useful, i've run out of new kexts to add and options to modify.

i guess i managed to progress a little further, now the boot sequence continues until the line "waiting on<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>". i dont know if this is in any way useful, i've run out of new kexts to add and options to modify.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

My bad, I thought that adding some kexts wouldn't modify the preboot.txt requested, when I get home I will upload the files again.

here is the new zip, i honestly don't think that anything has changed besides a kew kexts, but i'll try anyway. i know that the laptop uses a hardware intel raid controller (which i have disabled running ahci mode), that might be doing something funky.
IMG_20181001_144804.jpg

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
here is the new zip, i honestly don't think that anything has changed besides a kew kexts, but i'll try anyway. i know that the laptop uses a hardware intel raid controller (which i have disabled running ahci mode), that might be doing something funky.
View attachment 354405

You're going to need to read the USB guides linked from the FAQ and implement the appropriate patches/fixes:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

by any chance do you recall anything about patching _STA? i cannot find a single thread talking about it. also i cannot really do any ssdt editing since th laptop doesn't reach the installer. thanks

Pretty simple to make _STA return zero. Remove any _STA method in EHC1/EHC2 scope. Replace with Name(_STA,0).

thanks again, i tried to read the dsdt patching for laptop guide, and i honestly didn't understand much. am i suppose to corect and recompile the ssdt or dsdt from osx? i extracted it through clover, but i don't know what to do with it. is it remotely viable to patch these files using a linux distribution or a windows build? can it be done succesfully using another hackintosh, without breaking that specific hackintosh? i'm trying to wrap my head around this. as always, thanks for the help.

thanks again, i tried to read the dsdt patching for laptop guide, and i honestly didn't understand much. am i suppose to corect and recompile the ssdt or dsdt from osx? i extracted it through clover, but i don't know what to do with it. is it remotely viable to patch these files using a linux distribution or a windows build? can it be done succesfully using another hackintosh, without breaking that specific hackintosh? i'm trying to wrap my head around this. as always, thanks for the help.

ACPI patching guide is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Battery specifics:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

There are plenty of examples of _STA patching in existing patches. Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:battery rehabman$ grep _STA -l *.txt
battery_HP-Envy-14.txt
battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt
battery_HP-ProBook-Generic.txt
battery_Lenovo-G50-70.txt
battery_Lenovo-Miix-720.txt
battery_Lenovo-X201.txt
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt
battery_Lenovo-X230i.txt
battery_Partaker_G3.txt
battery_Sony-VAIO-S.txt
battery_Sony-VAIO-SVE1511.txt
battery_TabletKiosk-i575.txt
battery_Vizio-Ultrabook-CT14.txt

unfortunately after fixing all the errors that the MaciASL compiler was throwing out i'm stuck at the _sta part. when searching for EHC1 or EHC2 only the latter is found in the device scope. adding to that the _sta method is nowhere to be found. i'm slightly confused here.
would a zipped version of the patched dsdt be helpful?
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back