Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dell 0N5KHN intel QM57
CPU
i5-520m (igpu disabled by manifacturer)
Graphics
NVIDIA NVS 3100M 512mb
hi, i'm new on the forum and a long time lurker, big fan.

onto business, i'm trying to install high sierra (10.13.6) on a dell latitude e6510, specs off of cpu-z:
intel core i5 520m
motherboard dell ON5KHN (not sure if relevant)
intel QM57 chipset and havendale/clarkedale host bridge
4gb of 1333mhz ddr3 ram
NVIDIA nvs 3100m gpu (512mb ddr3 vram from samsung). the intel igpu on this model is disabled on the chip itself and it's not reachable from bios, so i'm stuck with the dedicated gpu.

i can succesfully access clover and set verbose mode and nv_disable=1, but while the installer is booting it stops on the ethernet controller line (i'm using the IntelMausi kext) and after 30 seconds it corrupts the screen drawing a stop sign. from the corrupted screen the only line that has been added is "still waiting for root device".

the first attached image is the point at which the boot procedure stops, the second image shows the corrupted screen and the last line.
IMG_20180929_121249.jpg

IMG_20180929_121352.jpg

i am thankful for any advice and guidance i may recieve, please tell me if any additional data is required to address this problem.
have a great day.
[edit] now the EFI.zip folder should be attached, it contains the EFI/CLOVER folder minus the themes folder like specified in th guide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
hi, i'm new on the forum and a long time lurker, big fan.

onto business, i'm trying to install high sierra (10.13.6) on a dell latitude e6510, specs off of cpu-z:
intel core i5 520m
motherboard dell ON5KHN (not sure if relevant)
intel QM57 chipset and havendale/clarkedale host bridge
4gb of 1333mhz ddr3 ram
NVIDIA nvs 3100m gpu (512mb ddr3 vram from samsung). the intel igpu on this model is disabled on the chip itself and it's not reachable from bios, so i'm stuck with the dedicated gpu.

i can succesfully access clover and set verbose mode and nv_disable=1, but while the installer is booting it stops on the ethernet controller line (i'm using the IntelMausi kext) and after 30 seconds it corrupts the screen drawing a stop sign. from the corrupted screen the only line that has been added is "still waiting for root device".

the first attached image is the point at which the boot procedure stops, the second image shows the corrupted screen and the last line.
View attachment 353836
View attachment 353837

i am thankful for any advice and guidance i may recieve, please tell me if any additional data is required to address this problem.
have a great day.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have been trying to boot using different bootargs but none helps me progress any further. Also enabling the "inject usb" option in clover results in early boot hang. Any ideas?

I have been trying to boot using different bootargs but none helps me progress any further. Also enabling the "inject usb" option in clover results in early boot hang. Any ideas?

No problem reporting files attached.
Read post #2.

i'm sorry, this is becoming embarassing really quickly.
here is attached the efi/clover folder with preboot like it's specified in the problem reporting section.
thanks again.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
since the system is not booting that's unfortunately everything i can provide.

i'm reading the guide carefully although i don't fully understand what i am supposed to do. is the explaination on post #6 regarding the config.plist of clover? what are you reffering to? my best guess is that somthing is very wrong with the usb controller since swapping the two usb drives i made for the installation results in the same error. thanks for the insight

i'm reading the guide carefully although i don't fully understand what i am supposed to do. is the explaination on post #6 regarding the config.plist of clover? what are you reffering to? my best guess is that somthing is very wrong with the usb controller since swapping the two usb drives i made for the installation results in the same error. thanks for the insight

I don't have the details, as I have no hardware as old as yours (my earliest system is 6-series, yours is 5-series).
You might have some luck with google, regarding EHCI fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back