Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dell Latitude E6410 dual booting WIN 7 and 10.6.3, no DSDT yet. Can only boot 10.6.3 from iboot. After installing multibeast 2.61 and booting from HD as soon as apple logo attempts to appear laptop restarts. Tried –v with same result, no safe mode either… don’t mind booting from disk but I’m soooo close. I Also have the “Hibernate image…” message tried the “-s” fix and it works on the first boot, then returns to the same message. By the way could not get any of the combo updates to work correctly. Even tried with newer versions of multibeast. 10.6.3 is cool I guess everything works OTB by the way, including firewire, excluding wifi adapter. Have not yet tried display port. One more thing, the iboot legacy drivers give better resolution. Can anyone let me know if they come across a fix for the booting problem. I will try to edit my DSDT next and I pretty much have no idea how to do it. Using DSDT editor I have compiled my DSDT.aml with no errors and 1 warning, wish me luck.

Mobile Intel 5 Series QM57 Chipset
Intel Core i5 520m 2.4 Ghz
Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics
IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio
Intel 825xx Gigabit LAN
2 Gb DDR3 1066

afaik, kernel on 10.6.3 does not support your processor, hence reboot.
So, ether upgrade and watch out for intelhd kexts kp (delete intelhd kexts), or bodge it with a newer kernel & i guess system.kext. or maybe ok just to add busratio=xx to your com.apple.boot.plist kernel flags, where xx = number for your processor - see other threads.

Not sure if you've seen this guide yet, but it's specifically for your model laptop and he has the DSDT posted for it.

I followed this exact procedure on my Latitude E4310 and finally have everything up and running. The only modification I made was to install from a SL 10.6.3 dvd, as the Apple updates caused kernel panics and would not allow me to boot into the OS.

If you want a card that works natively in SL, get the Dell 1390 wifi card. I got one off of eBay for $7 and it works in Windows 7 and SL.

Update Issue with my DELL E6410.
Everything perfect when installing OSX. But when i try update (combo.pkg or from software update menu) I have a kernel Panic at end of update!

I'm using DELL latitude E6410 with core i5 M560 @2,67Ghz
Video Intel GMA HD
SSD 250Go
Bios A07

Installing SL from ORIGINAL Apple DVD (so I'm originaly at OSX 10.6.0)
Please Help, m'y original MacBook is NOW DEAD! Need to run This DELL with OSX!

[EDIT] : Do you think an Update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.6 (instead 10.6.7) could be ok ?

reg1st said:
Update Issue with my DELL E6410.
Everything perfect when installing OSX. But when i try update (combo.pkg or from software update menu) I have a kernel Panic at end of update!

I'm using DELL latitude E6410 with core i5 M560 @2,67Ghz
Video Intel GMA HD
SSD 250Go
Bios A07

Installing SL from ORIGINAL Apple DVD (so I'm originaly at OSX 10.6.0)
Please Help, m'y original MacBook is NOW DEAD! Need to run This DELL with OSX!

[EDIT] : Do you think an Update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.6 (instead 10.6.7) could be ok ?

Well, I upgraded sl 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 combo... and Same issue : at the end of upgrade, big KP :(
now, in chameleons, when trying to boot with osx, few seconds later, computer booting again... into chameleon... :(
I can't start again OSX :(
I think my Dell can just running Win7 :thumbdown:

you probably need the separate nvidia NVS 3100M graphics card for that laptop...afaik OS X support for integrated graphics is limited to specific cpu's.

The combo update gives you the kernel panic while registering the AppleIntelHD*.kext's. There are 2 workarounds for this problem.

1) observe the system/library/extensions folder while combo update is running and delete IntelAppleHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext as soon as you can see them

or

2) clone your working osx to a second partition, boot from that and install the combo update to your main partition. after the update don't forget to remove the 2 kext's mentoined above.

Oh, and always backup the kext's before you delete them!

PhunkMaZ said:
The combo update gives you the kernel panic while registering the AppleIntelHD*.kext's. There are 2 workarounds for this problem.

1) observe the system/library/extensions folder while combo update is running and delete IntelAppleHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext as soon as you can see them

or

2) clone your working osx to a second partition, boot from that and install the combo update to your main partition. after the update don't forget to remove the 2 kext's mentoined above.

Oh, and always backup the kext's before you delete them!

THAT'S NICE !
for DELL Latitude E6410, before ugrading :
I removed ALL AppleIntelGMAX3100xxxxx.kext (5 files)

Impossible to Boot with SL from a partition and upgrade an other one :(
So, I boot in Main partition, and updgraded to 10.6.7
and as usually... big Kernel Panic

BUT I SAW WHEN Combo ugrade put the AppleIntelHDGraphicsxxx.text in Extension Folder ! (it where impossible to leave them when upgrade install was perfomed)

So I boot on My "clone" partition, and Leave both
- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

And boot to my main OSX partition again.
That's IT !
Finaly OSX 10.6.7 is ready to used !

Is it a way to have Wifi (Airport) available on Dell ?
Bluetooth seems to be ok. but no wifi.
Please help! :confused:

reg1st said:
Is it a way to have Wifi (Airport) available on Dell ?
Bluetooth seems to be ok. but no wifi.
Please help! :confused:

Depends what Wifi card you have in there. e.g. the Dell 1390 works OOB on Mac OS.

Run lspci from PCITools and see what hardware is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back