Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Latitude E6410 Won't Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a coding mistake in the Dell Latitude E6410 DSDT. Amazing since it's been around so long, is BIOS revision A17 and is in other Dell Latitude models. See this thread. Not sure this bug affects sleep, but it makes me wonder if another bug / mistake is the reason no one has been able to get sleep working on the E6410. Maybe it's a problem that was fixed in Windows / Drivers.

I discovered that the Dell Latitude E6410 DSDT has two places where variable assignments are based on the operating system. The "standard" CLOVER OS Identification patch addresses only the patch for Method (IINI) but leaves the Method (OSID) unpatched. I added this additional patch to Post #3 in this thread. I haven't noticed any affect on sleep after making this change, but this, combined with the bug I mentioned in Post #11 above continues to make me wonder what else is lurking in the Dell E6410 DSDT.

I copied the discrete graphics _OFF and _ON methods from a Latitude E6430 and have sleep "working" on the Latitude E6410. The laptop now sleeps with a flashing power LED. Pressing the power button to wake results in a dark screen. I think this is confirmation that _OFF and _ON methods are the correct approach to resolving sleep on the Latitude E6410.

I have sleep / wake working on a Latitude E6410 running Mojave 10.14.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6. Google "Latitude E6410 Mojave"

Note my user name in the other thread is tonyx86

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back