Graphics
nvidia GTX 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I got a dell from the school at which I work and since I'm not much on windows I followed this tutorial:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6118-osx-mavericks-install-on-dell-latitude-e6400/

And got it running mac OS 10.9.5. The tutorial doesn't cover doing anything about Power Management thus the laptop runs a bit hot, short on battery life, and doesn't resume from sleep (it actually doesn't go completely to sleep when you close the lid).

I got everything else working (even the Wifi though thats not perfect) thus this is the last thing I need to fix to get this to be a completely viable portable.

I was wondering what I'd have to do in order to actually fix the power management (I'm figuring a DSDT), and if installing things like a DSDT and SMBIOS are even possible from this part of the install.

So I got a dell from the school at which I work and since I'm not much on windows I followed this tutorial:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6118-osx-mavericks-install-on-dell-latitude-e6400/

And got it running mac OS 10.9.5. The tutorial doesn't cover doing anything about Power Management thus the laptop runs a bit hot, short on battery life, and doesn't resume from sleep (it actually doesn't go completely to sleep when you close the lid).

I got everything else working (even the Wifi though thats not perfect) thus this is the last thing I need to fix to get this to be a completely viable portable.

I was wondering what I'd have to do in order to actually fix the power management (I'm figuring a DSDT), and if installing things like a DSDT and SMBIOS are even possible from this part of the install.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html

Yeah that post is useless since it assumes that the person using it knows where everything goes. I'm not entirely sure where everything goes. I think I got it correct and it still didn't work. I added these lines to org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

This still didn't work seeing as the lid on the laptop closing still doesn't get the machine completely into sleep mode. did I perhaps put these lines in the wrong place or put them in incorrectly?

Yeah that post is useless since it assumes that the person using it knows where everything goes. I'm not entirely sure where everything goes. I think I got it correct and it still didn't work. I added these lines to org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

This still didn't work seeing as the lid on the laptop closing still doesn't get the machine completely into sleep mode. did I perhaps put these lines in the wrong place or put them in incorrectly?

No idea without hardware details. The post completely describes 'where things go...'

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Plus I'm not sure that the smbios is set right. SMBIOS.plist says it is giving the system a Macbookpro 5,3 but the dell seems to have a core 2 duo derived centrino 2. I think the 5,3 was the first with a Core i based processor. Should I change it over to a regular macbook early itteration? or what?

There now can you help me?

sorry better now?

Anyone got any help out there?

Plus I'm not sure that the smbios is set right. SMBIOS.plist says it is giving the system a Macbookpro 5,3 but the dell seems to have a core 2 duo derived centrino 2. I think the 5,3 was the first with a Core i based processor. Should I change it over to a regular macbook early itteration? or what?

You can use everymac.com to get information on actual Macs.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I think this is what you are asking for. Let me know if its not.

Attachments

• Daniel’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back