Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E6400 Mavericks , Installation Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Create your USB installation using Unibeast , http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

BIOS Settings

Boot Sequence
HDD and USB and uncheck everything else.

System Configuration
Disable-NIC,PPort,Serial Port
SATA Operation AHCI
Miscellaneous Devices, Uncheck everything except for External USB Port

Performance
Unable Multi Core, SpeedStep and bypass HDD

Virtualization

Unable

Assuming your already create your USB Installation, click on Finder Revealer(see attached) to view your hidden files on your USB installation. Copy and paste dsdt.aml and match_kernel(see attached) to your main root of your usb installation.
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 7.23.55 PM.png

Copy all the kernel files from the folder attached to your System\ Library\Extensions
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 7.54.46 PM.jpg

Great! Now you have a working USB installation. No need for -v, -x, -f, Gra...bla , bla bla, just boot and choose usb and hit enter.

Once you installed maverick, the same files you added to the USB installation , go ahead and add them to your system HDD. Assuming you already know you need a working mac to accomplish this. You might need to connect the harddrive where you installed Mavericks to a working Mac using a USB adapter or else. Be creative. Follow the same steps.

That said, boot your USB installation again and this time click on your Mavericks System. Thats it!. Now use multibeast to add boot and everything else.

Attachments

• Installation.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 2,581
congratulations on your work and thank you very much. I followed your guide and everything perfect, but I have several problems. does not recognize my keyboard and touchpad of my dell. and slae me a message that says I can not install AppleACPIPlatform.kext
can you help me?

Hello, i´m trying to set up a Dell E6400 for a Mavericks following this guide and i´m having problems.

First i have a Dell E6400 with this config:
nvidia Quadro NVS 160M
Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection
Intel WIFI Link 5300 AGN

As henfquality said, I´ve copy dsdt and match_kernel on the root of the usb and the rest of kexts in the S/L/E folder, then my laptop boot and the rest of installation was without problem.
After installation i took out the hd and copy the same files to the same folders, still i have to boot with the usb to install chimera.
When i tried to install chimera with Multibeast an error come up, "can not install AppleACPIPlatform.kext"
I reboot (see below) and run kext utility app and after i install chimera, voodoo 2.7.3 sound kext without problem.

Now i have the system almost done but:

Main problem is that do not reboot or shutdown, screen goes grey with mouse cursor freeze and when i turn off manually (pressing on/off button for a while) and restart, system complains about a bad shutdown.

Wifi does not work, as expected, any new idea??

When i put a card in the SD reader finder shows the card in lateral bar but system freeze. Not very important but...

Sleep seems to work turn off screen when click on sleep option and when i press on switch awake but when i close laptop screen do not turn off.

I´ve rerun Multibeast with dsdt option and reload kext from the file with kext Utility and looks exactly the same

this is the build screen of Multibeast
2014-03-05 20.40.14.jpg

Sorry for my english, i am spanish
Thanks for any help

Hello, i´m trying to set up a Dell E6400 for a Mavericks following this guide and i´m having problems.

First i have a Dell E6400 with this config:
nvidia Quadro NVS 160M
Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection
Intel WIFI Link 5300 AGN

As henfquality said, I´ve copy dsdt and match_kernel on the root of the usb and the rest of kexts in the S/L/E folder, then my laptop boot and the rest of installation was without problem.
After installation i took out the hd and copy the same files to the same folders, still i have to boot with the usb to install chimera.
When i tried to install chimera with Multibeast an error come up, "can not install AppleACPIPlatform.kext"
I reboot (see below) and run kext utility app and after i install chimera, voodoo 2.7.3 sound kext without problem.

Now i have the system almost done but:

Main problem is that do not reboot or shutdown, screen goes grey with mouse cursor freeze and when i turn off manually (pressing on/off button for a while) and restart, system complains about a bad shutdown.

Wifi does not work, as expected, any new idea??

When i put a card in the SD reader finder shows the card in lateral bar but system freeze. Not very important but...

Sleep seems to work turn off screen when click on sleep option and when i press on switch awake but when i close laptop screen do not turn off.

I´ve rerun Multibeast with dsdt option and reload kext from the file with kext Utility and looks exactly the same

this is the build screen of Multibeast
View attachment 85816

Sorry for my english, i am spanish
Thanks for any help

Intel WiFi is not supported. You must replace it.

Most card readers do not work in OS X.

Sleep requires correct power management:
For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Not a good idea to install rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext...

Also not a good idea to use a DSDT from another computer.

Also,
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thanks RehabMan for your help.
Ok i forget about the wifi and card reader for the time being

The E6400 processor is Intel Core2 Duo P8700, i don´t know if it is a Haswell or Ivy or other, so what installation process i must use??

I´ve update my profile but these are specs taken from bios
e6400 system.jpg

I thought that dsdt file was correct for my system. where can i find a correct one? or can i generate it or correct this one?

Right now i´m doing a fresh installation and i will try to use your guide if i can find what kind of system i have sandy bridge or Ivy bridge

Again thank you and forgive me the lack of knowledge

Attachments

• e6400 system.jpg
    e6400 system.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 2,561
Thanks RehabMan for your help.
Ok i forget about the wifi and card reader for the time being

The E6400 processor is Intel Core2 Duo P8700, i don´t know if it is a Haswell or Ivy or other, so what installation process i must use??

For old hardware like yours there is little information on power management/SSDTs/etc. You will probably want to follow the instructions but use a different smbios (see everymac.com to find a real Mac close to your hardware). And you'll want to use GenerateCStates/PStates=Yes instead of SSDT.

I thought that dsdt file was correct for my system. where can i find a correct one? or can i generate it or correct this one?

For DSDT, it is best to patch your own native DSDT.

Right now i´m doing a fresh installation and i will try to use your guide if i can find what kind of system i have sandy bridge or Ivy bridge

Your system is older than Sandy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back