Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5430 - Unable to Reach Installer Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get it to boot on its own!
Just had to give another shot at the MultiBeast configurations.
Trackpad still doesn't work though.
Had to switch my USB mouse to a different port, only one of them works for it being recognized.

Managed to get it to boot on its own!
Just had to give another shot at the MultiBeast configurations.
Trackpad still doesn't work though.
Had to switch my USB mouse to a different port, only one of them works for it being recognized.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext is required

After trying again with UniBeast Clover (Legacy) for El Capitan, I can confirm that something with Clover does not work, as in comparison to Chimera. I'm not sure what it is. I have tried several boot flags, with no luck. I have also tried editing the config.plist with Clover Configurator with no successful noticeable difference.

So I figured out why the WiFi does not work in OS X/macOS for this computer (Dell Latitude E5430). The wireless networking chip, is indeed a Broadcom chip, but apparently this chip is not supported. For record purposes, it is a BCM94313HMG2L.

I may have to look at buying a different Half Mini PCIe networking card.

As for the Ethernet situation, apparently that is also a Broadcom component. I thought that when I saw Broadcom it was wireless, but apparently that is not the case. I did not know Broadcom did Ethernet. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get that to work either. I am not sure if there is a fix for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back