Contribute
Register

Dell latitude E5430 graphic support - Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I'd like to ask for some help with the installation of OS X 10.11.6 on a Dell latitude E5430.
The problem is, that I can't get to the installation screen.
More precisely, when I get there the screen glitches out so I can't even start the installation. After connecting the laptop to an external monitor the install screen appears with a cursor but the screen is still completely unreadable...
I'm not an expert but I think the problem is somewhere in the video support... So I've tried several guides and fixes but none of them worked for me. (I managed to get past a missing IOBluetooth panic by using a patched dsdt)

With a combination of different config settings, dsdts and kexts I managed to reach the installation screen but only without any input at all... After fixing the input problem the screen was gone again...

Do you have any similar experience? Please help if you have any idea for a solution!
Thank you in advance,

MadFive

SPECS:
  • model: Dell latitude E5430
  • resolution: 1366 x 768
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3340M / 2.6 GHz (IvyBridge)
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • memory: 8GB
  • Boot Loader: Clover 4128

IMG_0096.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0102.jpg IMG_0106.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSDT.aml
    40.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Hello!

I'd like to ask for some help with the installation of OS X 10.11.6 on a Dell latitude E5430.
The problem is, that I can't get to the installation screen.
More precisely, when I get there the screen glitches out so I can't even start the installation. After connecting the laptop to an external monitor the install screen appears with a cursor but the screen is still completely unreadable...
I'm not an expert but I think the problem is somewhere in the video support... So I've tried several guides and fixes but none of them worked for me. (I managed to get past a missing IOBluetooth panic by using a patched dsdt)

With a combination of different config settings, dsdts and kexts I managed to reach the installation screen but only without any input at all... After fixing the input problem the screen was gone again...

Do you have any similar experience? Please help if you have any idea for a solution!
Thank you in advance,

MadFive

SPECS:
  • model: Dell latitude E5430
  • resolution: 1366 x 768
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3340M / 2.6 GHz (IvyBridge)
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • memory: 8GB
  • Boot Loader: Clover 4128

View attachment 270072 View attachment 270073 View attachment 270074 View attachment 270075

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thank you very much for your respond, I managed to solve the problem and now I have a fully working macOS Sierra on my laptop! As it turned out, editing the dsdt with another mac got rid of the problem.
I only have issues with the ethernet, I’ve tried many different methods without success (IntelMausi, AppleE1000e, etc.) but I hope it will be solved enetually. Many e something in the BIOS?
I appretiate your support, you are doing a great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back