Graphics
Intel HD 4400 or (?HD 4600)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am pleased to tell you that my Dell Latitude E4310 is almost fully functional with OSX Lion.

I am able to boot up and install most important software.

Few not working
1. touchpad is not functional. PS/2 issue - not yet able to fix
2. Intel wireless card. Known issue and is not of big deal. But need to find a good half height 3T3R card to replace my Intel 6300
3. Graphics - HD controller, no known support unfortunately

I have not tested sleep/ hibernation issue.

Supplement to this - now

1. upgrade to 10.7.4 with 64 bits kernel running
2. Touchpad and Trackpoint working now

Only is the display not accelerated.

For wireless, still searching for a good half size card.

Hello, I recently got a Dell Latitude e4310 and have been playing around with the idea to try to install OS X on the laptop. I am wondering if you might help me? It just is something I got off ebay for cheap w/ a first gen i5 and 4GB of ram.

I have been just watching some videos on Youtube about this topic for a while now. I know the basic instructions. I am wondering exactly what to download from here (tonymacx86). If you or anyone else could help me on this it would be greatly apprecated!

Also could I go ahead and just install OS X Mavricks to begin with?

Again thanks!

Hello, I recently got a Dell Latitude e4310 and have been playing around with the idea to try to install OS X on the laptop. I am wondering if you might help me? It just is something I got off ebay for cheap w/ a first gen i5 and 4GB of ram.

I have been just watching some videos on Youtube about this topic for a while now. I know the basic instructions. I am wondering exactly what to download from here (tonymacx86). If you or anyone else could help me on this it would be greatly apprecated!

Also could I go ahead and just install OS X Mavricks to begin with?

Again thanks!

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

is anyone who installed mac os on dell e 4310 i need help with bios settings i do not know what and how i have to do to read the system on a usb stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back