CPU
Intel Core i5 6200u
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all. I have a Latitude D620 (Intel 945GM 1280x800 model) and I had bought the 10.6.3 DVD off of Amazon, hoping to get it installed. I downloaded iBoot Legacy and was following a guide found on here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-install-on-a-dell-latitude-d620-guide.61604/

and everything was going smoothly.. until the screen turned black. After this I booted with the verbose flag and I noticed after a while, after it got past "DSMOS has arrived", it showed a grey background for a split second and then the screen turned black again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi all. I have a Latitude D620 (Intel 945GM 1280x800 model) and I had bought the 10.6.3 DVD off of Amazon, hoping to get it installed. I downloaded iBoot Legacy and was following a guide found on here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-install-on-a-dell-latitude-d620-guide.61604/

and everything was going smoothly.. until the screen turned black. After this I booted with the verbose flag and I noticed after a while, after it got past "DSMOS has arrived", it showed a grey background for a split second and then the screen turned black again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attach output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Hopefully I did this right...

Attachments

• log_file.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 254
Hopefully I did this right...

I have no experience with this graphics controller:
Code:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)

But that 8086:27a2 gives you something to research/google...

I thought maybe booting with -v -x would fix it (-x obviously being safe mode) and, nope... I'm on the brink of giving up.

I'd be willing to bet that this is the same thing that I experienced with the D630 and its Intel GPU: What mine was doing was booting just like yours, and when it gets to the grey screen and suddenly goes black, it was switching the video output to one of the non-LCD panel options present in the ACPI tables! To get in, I booted into verbose mode, moved AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts out of /S/L/E into a backup folder elsewhere, then reboot with -f to ignore the mkext! From there, I edited my DSDT (I'm reckless so maybe don't do exactly this, or find a pre-edited DSDT for your specific laptop model/GPU/screen size) to remove sections related to the nonexistent/undesired display options, replaced the previously-moved kexts and rebooted. And it worked, somehow!

It seems like there could be a way to do this via Clover's ACPI patching mechanism, but I haven't found it, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back