Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 6430u

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works!!! I took kext files from the e6430 and testes around. Now everythings works except the Sleep, it falls to sleep for 2-3 seconds but than the laptops wake up. Any idea how i can fix it!?

Audio dosen't work with the AppleHDA from e6430 but patching for Audio seems to be very difficult...

Hi, I have a dell 6430u and I want to install mac osx on it too, your work give me an guide and much confidence:thumbup:

however, I hope you can tell me have you solved these problems as below

- wake
- AppleHDA
- Fn + right for adjusting the keyboard backlight
- Fn + up/down for adjusting the display lightness
- VGA display output

hope for your help

It works!!! I took kext files from the e6430 and testes around. Now everythings works except the Sleep, it falls to sleep for 2-3 seconds but than the laptops wake up. Any idea how i can fix it!?

Audio dosen't work with the AppleHDA from e6430 but patching for Audio seems to be very difficult...

Hi there. I'm currently installing Sierra on my 6430u. I was wondering where did you get the e6430 kext files from?

I know this is an old thread but it would be extremely useful if you or someone could share.

Thanks a bunch

Hi there. I'm currently installing Sierra on my 6430u. I was wondering where did you get the e6430 kext files from?

I know this is an old thread but it would be extremely useful if you or someone could share.

Thanks a bunch

Hello!
Did you manage to install Sierra successfully?

I've got my hands around old but good 6430u, and I wanted to install Mojave , but I got some errors.
I have followed this tutorial here
It's for 6430, and I got some P State stepper error on CPU2 .

I have also tried with EFI for 6430u from other forums, but no luck.
I tried changing SMBIOS to MacBook Air5.2 but nothing changed.
Any suggestions?
I tried turning off Smart stepper from BIOS, but the error is still present.
Attached EFI is from the github link i posted.

Any push in the right direction is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 14.36.20.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 14.36.20.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Hi @click0230, you might want to try using the EFI files I posted here for an E6230. The hardware is very similar and it might at least give you a decent starting point.

Hi @click0230, you might want to try using the EFI files I posted here for an E6230. The hardware is very similar and it might at least give you a decent starting point.
Thank you @jpz4085 ! I got something! It's scrambled and glitchy, but it's something! :D I found some solutions, will try them all.

Not sure if this is still useful to anybody out there, but I got Mojave working on my 6430u. Basically I followed the guide from this GitHub
https://github.com/kinoute/Hack-Dell-Latitude-E6430
but config.plist did not work for me. I could see the apple logo on boot process but would never get to disk utility. Laptop would just reboot in the process. Then I went and took config.plist from this thread and generated my own serial
So far LAN works, audio also. Still experimenting with other things. Installed FileZilla Pro, but it refuses to start. Not sure if it is related to resolution. When Filezilla tries to start screen flickers and it is hard to get into any menu) Apple ID login works and I can access iTunes and iCloud.
How did you generate a serial? I have a 6430U that was my old work laptop sitting around doing nothing. I have installed High Sierra on an HP Elite 8300 but it was a while ago and I’m a bit rusty at “Hackingtoshing” lol

Actually I think I found the instructions for generating a new serial in the tutorial link you posted.

I am hoping to give it a try over the weekend,

Things have gotten simpler since I first started playing with this laptop. Found a video on youtube and later owner provided EFI folders for a number of laptops, including this model. Take a look here:

You will have to generate new SMBIOS settings in Clover. I was able to generate working "native" MacBookPro9,2 settings.

Perfect thank you so much,

I downloaded the folders for the 6430, did you use the Low Res or High Res?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back