i7 3667u
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

Ive got an Dell 6430u and thought it would be nice to have Win7 and Mac OSX on it because my Macbook Pro (from 2007) becomes more and more slower.
Hardware:
Intel i7 3667u
8GB RAM
Intel HD4000 (64MB)
14" 1366x768
256GB mSata from Samsung
IDT92HD93 Audio
Intel Wireless
Webcam

Looks to me most exactly like MacBookAir5,2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air)

Use this Guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)
and boot into Installation with "-x" everything runs perfect.

Then i boot from with USB Stick (with "-x") into Mac OSX 10.8.2 and create a User, start Mulitbeast and i don't know what should i install...i tested some, but i didn't get it to boot from HDD. Now i make a fresh install and hope that somebody tell me what i have to select from Multibeast.

Thanks a lot for any kind of Help!!!

Hi Guys,

Ive got an Dell 6430u and thought it would be nice to have Win7 and Mac OSX on it because my Macbook Pro (from 2007) becomes more and more slower.
Hardware:
Intel i7 3667u
8GB RAM
Intel HD4000 (64MB)
14" 1366x768
256GB mSata from Samsung
IDT92HD93 Audio
Intel Wireless
Webcam

Looks to me most exactly like MacBookAir5,2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air)

Use this Guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)
and boot into Installation with "-x" everything runs perfect.

Then i boot from with USB Stick (with "-x") into Mac OSX 10.8.2 and create a User, start Mulitbeast and i don't know what should i install...i tested some, but i didn't get it to boot from HDD. Now i make a fresh install and hope that somebody tell me what i have to select from Multibeast.

Thanks a lot for any kind of Help!!!

Next step would be to attempt to boot from the HDD by installing a bootloader:
(and install power management)
- Multibeast (use UserDSDT or DSDTFree); this will give you Chimera bootloader
- you will need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
- you will need a system definition (MacBookAir5,2 is best for the Ivy 'U' processors); use Chameleon Wizard
- you will need an SSDT (actually you could probably do without one, but eventually you'll need one); you can use ProBook Installer v6.1
- GenerateCStates=No, GeneratePStates=No, DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- If you were to boot at that point, you'd probably boot, but get a black screen because of graphics. For that you need DSDT patch or use Enoch branch of Chameleon so you can easily set HD4K-ig=3.

This is the HD4K (low-resolution patch):
Code:
#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

FYI: Intel Wireless won't work. You'll need to replace it.

Audio: Best is to use patched AppleHDA for your codec. Usually requires patched AppleHDA + DSDT patch...

WOW! I will try it instatly! Thanks!!!!!

One Question: will my Keyboard and Trackpad also work with your "Guide"?

WOW! I will try it instatly! Thanks!!!!!

One Question: will my Keyboard and Trackpad also work with your "Guide"?

Probably not. This is not really a 'guide'. More like a first step to get the system booting on its own.

Most laptop keyboard and trackpad are PS2 devices and are not supported natively by OS X. For PS2, support you need PS2 drivers (kexts). There is some in Multibeast, and others for specific trackpads. It depends on what trackpad you have as to which is most advisable.

During install process, it is a good idea to have USB keyboard/mouse available.

Answers are in Red. Thanks again!!!

Next step would be to attempt to boot from the HDD by installing a bootloader:
(and install power management)
- Multibeast (use UserDSDT or DSDTFree); this will give you Chimera bootloader <OK
- you will need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext <OK also installed PS2Driver
- you will need a system definition (MacBookAir5,2 is best for the Ivy 'U' processors); use Chameleon Wizard <OK
- you will need an SSDT (actually you could probably do without one, but eventually you'll need one); you can use ProBook Installer v6.1 <OK
- GenerateCStates=No, GeneratePStates=No, DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist <OK
- If you were to boot at that point, you'd probably boot, but get a black screen because of graphics. For that you need DSDT patch or use Enoch branch of Chameleon so you can easily set HD4K-ig=3.<OK but in Enoch i set it under Intel HD4000 Layout to 01660003...hope that is right!?

This is the HD4K (low-resolution patch):
Code:
#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

FYI: Intel Wireless won't work. You'll need to replace it.<which Card could you recommend?

Audio: Best is to use patched AppleHDA for your codec. Usually requires patched AppleHDA + DSDT patch...

WTF! My Hero! boots perfectly into Mac OSX!! Keyboard is working but "Options/ALT" Key is "APPLE/Command" Key !?
but no Trackpad/external Mouse is working and no Battery and Audio Icon...
Any Ideas?

WTF! My Hero! boots perfectly into Mac OSX!! Keyboard is working but "Options/ALT" Key is "APPLE/Command" Key !?

I'm not sure what you mean. You can change modifiers in SysPrefs->Keyboard.

but no Trackpad/external Mouse is working and no Battery and Audio Icon...
Any Ideas?

Find out what kind of trackpad you have (eg. Synaptics, ALPS, ELANtech, etc.)... then report back.

Battery is two things: You need ACPI compliant battery manager: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
And getting it to work usually involves DSDT patches. Load the debug version so you know what method is failing by looking at system.log in Console. Problem is OS X AppleACPIPlatform.kext can only access EC registers 8-bits at a time. So, DSDT code accessing EC in larger chunks needs changes.

Audio: You need to find or build a patched AppleHDA. If you can't find one that works for your codec, patching it yourself is doable but complex and involved. First step is to get your codec information, which you do from Linux. If you google search for 'patch AppleHDA guide' it will be the first step of most guides. From there you might be able to find one already patched for your codec.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!!
I'm not sure what you mean. You can change modifiers in SysPrefs->Keyboard.<OK, Thanks!

Find out what kind of trackpad you have (eg. Synaptics, ALPS, ELANtech, etc.)... then report back.<ALPS

Battery is two things: You need ACPI compliant battery manager: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
And getting it to work usually involves DSDT patches. Load the debug version so you know what method is failing by looking at system.log in Console. Problem is OS X AppleACPIPlatform.kext can only access EC registers 8-bits at a time. So, DSDT code accessing EC in larger chunks needs changes.<Test it later

Audio: You need to find or build a patched AppleHDA. If you can't find one that works for your codec, patching it yourself is doable but complex and involved. First step is to get your codec information, which you do from Linux. If you google search for 'patch AppleHDA guide' it will be the first step of most guides. From there you might be able to find one already patched for your codec.<OK i will look for it

Since you have ALPS, you might try the bpedman fork of my VoodooPS2 (primarily enhanced for Synaptics, as that's what I have).

bpedman has supposedly added better ALPS support... and I think he had a Dell laptop. His fork is here: https://github.com/bpedman/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back