Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 5290 2-in1
CPU
i5 8350u
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi!
Most of the issues have been patched on Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 except for the following:
- Sleep
- Trackpad works as up to 2 point gesture mouse (It will not be easy to patch)
- Touchscreen
- Brightness Reset
- Fn key
- Physical volume key sensitivity
- 2 Pcie camera (It will not be easy to patch)
- Wireless (have to replace)

There's a problem with the simultaneous use of the touchscreen and trackpad.
With the currently installed VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, the trackpad can be recognized as a mouse and used. (not bad. it works without VoodooI2C)
When VoodooI2CHID.kext is added, the touchscreen display is recognized as Magic Trackpad 2 and all gestures are enabled, but the trackpad (mouse) is disabled and can't used.
(Touchscreen works only when VooodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID are used together.)
I want to activate and use touchscreen, trackpad (mouse) together.
What should I do?

** All kexts are unchanged plist.
** VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext was added because of its sensitivity when using touch screen.
** If I add DSDT 'GPIO Controller Enable [SKL +]' patch, even if I delete all voodoo kext, only the touch screen will be recognized as Magic Trackpad 2.
** My trackpad(works as mouse) is on the 'Dell Travel Keyboard'.

Attached 2 PR, one is to exclude VoodooI2CHID(trackpad works as mouse), the other is to add VoodooI2CHID(touchsceen works as Magic Trackpad 2)

Attachments

• debug_add_voodooi2chid.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 129
  • debug_exclude_voodooi2chid.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext is definitely not helping, remove it.
Go to SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad, make sure 'Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse...' is disabled.
Have a look at #147.

Although your mouse is connected via USB, VoodooI2CHID still attaches to it and makes it work as a Magic Trackpad 2.
BTW, your touchscreen's APIC pin is quite rare, 0x27 (<= 0x2F), so you can use APIC interrupts, no need for GPIO pinning (Current DSDT is OK)

Some other issues:
Why both USBInjectAll.kext and USBPorts.kext?
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is deprecated, patch is included in recent WhateverGreen.kext.

Go to SysPrefs>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad, make sure 'Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse...' is disabled.
Have a look at #147.

Although your mouse is connected via USB, VoodooI2CHID still attaches to it and makes it work as a Magic Trackpad 2.
BTW, your touchscreen's APIC pin is quite rare, 0x27 (<= 0x2F), so you can use APIC interrupts, no need for GPIO pinning (Current DSDT is OK)

Some other issues:
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is deprecated, patch is included in recent WhateverGreen.kext.

Thank you for your help!
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext was probably a placebo effect.- Removed.
USBInjectAll.kext was added as an extra workaround, with the external disk connected to the internal disk icon.
- Removed.
I did not know that AppleBacklightFixup.kext was integrated into WhateverGreen.kext
I removed it, and 'Keyboard > Shortcuts > Display' item did not appeared but now it appears.

'SysPrefs> Accessibility> Mouse & Trackpad> Ignore built-in trackpad when mouose or wireless trackpad is present' is unchecked
If checked, the gestures on the touch screen do not work, but the touch screen itself is recognized.

Attachments

• debug_11020.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 83
Have a look at #147.

Some other issues:

And I think the touch screen and the magic trackpad are recognized separately.
So if I check 'Ignore built-in ~~', the gesture of the Magic trackpad will not work and the touch screen seems to work instead.
The Touch Screen and Magic Trackpad are separated and displayed in 'ControllerMate' and 'Karabiner', the input device control programs

EDIT: Whoops, posted a duplicate comment.

Thank you for your help!
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext was probably a placebo effect.- Removed.
USBInjectAll.kext was added as an extra workaround, with the external disk connected to the internal disk icon.
- Removed.
I did not know that AppleBacklightFixup.kext was integrated into WhateverGreen.kext
I removed it, and 'Keyboard > Shortcuts > Display' item did not appeared but now it appears.

'SysPrefs> Accessibility> Mouse & Trackpad> Ignore built-in trackpad when mouose or wireless trackpad is present' is unchecked
If checked, the gestures on the touch screen do not work, but the touch screen itself is recognized.

View attachment 400893
Leave that unchecked :)
Just for testing - I assume patching TPL8._STA to return 0x0 will only disable the touchscreen, without making the trackpad work, right?
If so, it's an issue with VoodooI2CHID and the trackpad. Not sure how to debug it, but you can remove the USB matching from VoodooI2CHID so it will only attach to your touchscreen. The trackpad will work with the native drivers (2F only, as you said in #1).
Is the trackpad recognized as a precision trackpad in Windows?

EDIT:
And I think the touch screen and the magic trackpad are recognized separately.
So if I check 'Ignore built-in ~~', the gesture of the Magic trackpad will not work and the touch screen seems to work instead.
The Touch Screen and Magic Trackpad are separated and displayed in 'ControllerMate' and 'Karabiner', the input device control programs
So the trackpad does work with VoodooI2CHID?
Only one device (trackpad/touchscreen) is working, and it's reversed when checking/unchecking?

Just for testing - I assume patching TPL8._STA to return 0x0 will only disable the touchscreen, without making the trackpad work, right?
If so, it's an issue with VoodooI2CHID and the trackpad. Not sure how to debug it, but you can remove the USB matching from VoodooI2CHID so it will only attach to your touchscreen. The trackpad will work with the native drivers (2F only, as you said in #1).

EDIT:

Only one device (trackpad/touchscreen) is working, and it's reversed when checking/unchecking?

Regardless of the check, only the touch screen works and the trackpad does not work
I know that Windows is used as Alps
Uh ... I think I have an alternative solution during issue reporting.

Last edited:

EDIT:

I installed the karabiner and checked the Devices tab so Alps Touchpad was unchecked.
I checked then Magic Trackpad 2 (touch screen) and mouse (trackpad) work together....!????
Uh ... I think I might use it like this!

Your comment made me solve this:)

Now I will try to solve the problem of maximum brightness reset on reboot and wake glitch issues.

Last edited:
I installed the karabiner and checked the Devices tab so Alps Touchpad was unchecked.
I checked then Magic Trackpad 2 (touch screen) and mouse (trackpad) work together....!????
Uh ... I think I might use it like this!

Your comment made me solve this:)

Now I will try to solve the problem of maximum brightness reset on reboot and wake glitch issues.
View attachment 400905
Not really sure I got what you did there :p
So... it was a problem with Karabiner, right?

Anyway, happy you got it working :)

Not really sure I got what you did there :p
So... it was a problem with Karabiner, right?

Anyway, happy you got it working :)

It does not seem to be a problem with karabiner.
There was a problem before installing the karabiner, and now the Alps touchpad works after logging in after booting and karabiner running
Anyway, there is no problem with using it anymore:)
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back